Trying to move to Punta Cana

Hi all,
I am a mother of two, I live in the US and Im looking for a change after I get my Bachelors in Accounting. Iam seriously thinking to move to the Punta Cana are and Hopefully find a job in one of the resorts there. My main concern is to find a good school for my daughters. I saw this forum and found it very interesting and informational. I am planing to visit punta cana in January, bring my curriculum and visit schools, if everything goes well then move by June.

Hi there, good plan. And start sending your resume out to the hotels and resorts now.

Understand you are competing with locals who earn a very low salary!!! 

You will need residencia and your Dominican cedula or a job sponsor for a work visa.

Hi, thanks for the response.

Ive tried to check the website of the resorts and it is very hard to find how to apply. That is why I was thinking to go there for a week or two with my resume.

For the Cedula, I will have to gather more info, my parent are Dominicans but Im not.

Oh honey, too easy. You have the right to dual citizenship! You need birth certificates - yours, theirs I believe and their cedulas and the process is pretty easy and fast to get your Dominican passport and cedula. And you don't give up anything!!!

Well, I hace no relationship with my biological mother, only have my father's information. Im determine to make the change and try hard, the only thing that could stop me is not find a good job there.

Thank you very much for your advice, I appreciate it.

Just use your father then honey. You should be able to get your paperwork in order and then find a job.  Just be prepared for salaries here.

Are the salaries tht bad 😞?? Well I understand thay is a different country. Iam going to try and see how it goes.

Thank you again

Yes salaries are that bad unless you get a job from offshore and are hired as an American accountant. If you are hired as a new Dominican accountant you will likely make  US 300 to US 400 a month.  And you will not have knowledge of Dominican taxes, reporting and systems.  So you will be behind others in knowledge but way further ahead in other ways honey.

Well, my plan is to go visit different resorts, and we will see...
Thank you.

Your best bet is to get a contract as an American with the ability legally to work here. That works really well and will get you a different salary!  Good luck and keep us posted.