Student life in Mexico

Hello,

Studying in a foreign country is an exciting prospect, but at times students do not have enough information to make an informed decision. We invite you to share your own experiences about studying abroad in Mexico.

What are the advantages of studying in Mexico? What are the disadvantages?

Are there proper housing options for students, or do most students have to find their own accommodation?

Are living costs for students in Mexico expensive? What is an average budget for a student per month, including rent, groceries, and social activities?

Is it easy to form a social circle in Mexico? What are some of the preferred social activities?

Are there international student societies or community engagement programs for international students?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Its hard! Youre a student full time Yeah theres circles. Whats a click if it only hlps you grow so much tho.
Advantage if you speak spanish, Disadvantges if you hardly do. Like me

Hi ,

Unless you are extremely desperate or from other poorer countries in South America I don't think that studying in Mexico has any benefits.
Mexico is a beautiful country but crime is making it not a very nice place to live, so my advise is stay home!

Mike2017 wrote:

Hi ,

Unless you are extremely desperate or from other poorer countries in South America I don't think that studying in Mexico has any benefits.
Mexico is a beautiful country but crime is making it not a very nice place to live, so my advise is stay home!

Do you know any students here Mike? Have you looked at the schools? And how do you feel about colleges in the U.S. where there has been a lot of violence and death?
I know people who have and are studying here, I have looked at some of the universities. The most striking thing for me was there are no metal detectors, no school shootings in the colleges, no high security.  Many of the universities are beautiful old buildings with history etched in every brick.

As for the education, most students are bilingual and I have been impressed with what I have seen. I can't say that for U.S. schools currently. The only thing comparable would be in Europe or the Scandinavian countries. Those places might outdo Mexico. And given a financial choice might be a better plan than Mexico.