New to expat.com, but not new to Vietnam

Hi fellow expats,

my name is Jochen and Ive been living in HCMC for about 5 years.
I'm teaching languages and selling black garlic.
Today, I've just found the way to expat.com and I'm curious how it will be.

Best regards,
Jochen

I find this forum more discussion-oriented and helpful for new expats and expat-curious,  retired people, about laws, customs, visas, where to find things, cost of living, working, living day to day, etc. The search works well now, there are tons of  recent recommendations. Also classifieds and stuff.

Whereas Saigon and HCMC FB groups are more comment-oriented, more younger working expats, teachers, tourist questions, current events, restaurants/bars, real estate, buy/sell belongings and motorbikes.

So both resources are a good combo.

Welcome to the forum, Jochen,
Feel free to get engaged in forum discussions with your valued inputs. Ask questions and most importantly, keep sharing your expat experience in Vietnam with other forum members.
Also, please have a look at the forum code of conduct to stay informed.
Cheers!  :cheers:

Jochen, welcome to the forum - I have sent most of my adult life in Asia, SE Asia in particularly, and, quite frankly, I had to google 'Black Garlic'.  My lady in the Mekong Delta started out 15 years ago, dealing in garlic, exporting to Cambodia, and she never heard of Black Garlic.  Maybe the Vietnamese call it something else.  Good Luck, I'd le to hear more about Black Garlic.

Its called tỏi đen, popular in Viet Nam for liver treatment. Im surprised your wife hasn't heard of it.

Sorry for replying late!

Black garlic in Vietnamese is actually just translated "tỏi đen" and it's new, but becoming more and more known.

Black garlic is garlic, which became black by a special kind of hot fermentation. This fermentation process is also the reason why black garlic is more expensive than white garlic. As a result of the fermentation it looses it's strong spice and odor, but keeps the health-benefiting substances and develops a unique sweet amazing taste.

I't not only for liver treatment, but for everything that fresh (white) garlic is also good for.