English Schooling in Spain

Hi all, we are looking to move to Benalmadena Costa from Hermanus Jan 2019. We have 2 children -my son who turned 8 in May (should be grade 2 but we repeated him) in Grade 1 and my daughter who turns 11 in August who is Grade 5. We are looking at 2 private English schools in the area (Sunny View and the British International College)- both follow the UK curriculum.

Does anyone have experience with moving their kids from SA curriculum to UK one? My understanding is that my son would be in Year 4 and my daughter year 7 (high school?!!). When i look at the UK curriculum i am worried hjat my kids will be very behind? Given that kids start Grade 1 (year 1) at the age of 5 turning 6 in UK.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Thank you
JACKIE YOUNG

Hello there did you get any advice on this subject Hun? I'm in a similar situation
Alisha

Private schools can be expensive so if you have 2 children that can be heavy on the wallet. Many will tell you the same, with young children its best to put them into local schools. Don't worry about the language they adapt very quickly and if they will need to know the tongue if they have any hope of finding employment after school/university.