Life in boca brava?

Can someone with real life experience in boca brava help me to decide?
Thank in advance.

Hi again Alextrucking,

Could you ask more precise questions please?
You need help to decide about what exactly?

Anas,
expat.com team :)

Anas do you live in boca brava?

Hi boca brava residentes.
Looking for all the information you can provide me about living in boca brava.
I hope Anas do not delete or redirect my post again.
Thank you in advance.

@ Alextrucking > I am a member of https://www.expat.com and I am just trying  to help members.
You may read the articles on the Living in Panama guide while waiting for members to answer you.

I live in David but have been to Bocas Brava a few times. I'm not sure what your plans are or what info you need. Of course there is no substitute for going there yourself and seeing how you feel.

That said, it's an island. It's in my favorite beach/water area of Chiriqui. The islands protect from the open water waves and it's very beautiful and tranquil. There are walking paths, howler monkeys, and other wildlife and the general feel is very natural and untouched. It's sea level though, hot and humid.

I wouldn't want to live there though. You have to take a boat to the mainland where there is pretty much nothing going on either, and you'll be going to David for pretty much everything you need. Some find the quiet life worth that trouble but I'm a city gal. I'd rather live close to town and go to Boca Chica for a visit.

There's hardly anyone living there so I doubt you'll find anyone here. You might have better luck searching for people in Boca Chica, maybe in some of the facebook groups.

Thank you Kristc99. I really appreciate the information I
I am looking for a waterfront place to make a retirement home.
Have been looking for a few months in a few different countries but the prices in the countries I like are higher than in USA.
When I have found a land at a good price them the sea level is to low with risk of flooding.
This lot in boca brave come to my attention it is affordable and suppose to be a high land.
My  girlfriend is worry about the green water color at the pictures but I notice you said you like the beach there. Is the beach water clear?
This is a project to be finished in the next 20 years we are still to young to retire.I am expecting the island to be more developed in 20 years ( maybe wrong) who knows..
Thank you.

https://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/201 … e-monkeys/  something I wrote some time ago. Search my blog for Boca Chica and you'll turn up quite a few more posts.

The water is clean and full of life. A nearby island https://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/201 … beach-day/ it's Pacific water though. If you want crystal clear turquoise water that's on the Caribbean side.

The islands are like the tops of rocky mountains sticking up out of the water. There is a fair climb from the water to the majority of Boca Brava, too high for flooding.

20 years? You have tons of time. Who knows what will happen in that time. Right now there is minimal development in the area and people selling don't seem to be getting buyers (not that I'm any sort of resource on that).

Please please visit, spend some time exploring the country. There are many other beach living areas also. Make friends with locals. You'll get much better info and learn fair prices. This is not the US. It's different in many ways. I happen to love it but it drives some others nuts. Better yet, come rent for a couple years. If you love it and want to buy then there will always be something for sale. If you want to build then you will physically be here to oversee the project which is important.

Anyway, my $.02.