Living in thailand for 5 or 6mths of yr

i am 77yrs young ad would like to live in patong for te australian winter maybe april to august  i have a hotel to stay in i donzt want to own anything i have a lot of friends there what are the criteria regarding  visa immigration ect !! I have a bank account with bank bankok and i get the australian pension  $1040 per fortnight and i have a thai girlfriend about 3yrs thank you in advance for your input  !! Retiredenglishgent

I am in a similar position, I also need the same information so I hope we can get the correction through expat.com

I think you overstating your pension you can only receive the base rate which is.    $826.20

barry343 direct from centrelink !! If you keep your place of abode in aus you will still get youre rent assistance for 6mths you will lose a few things as soon as you leave so you will get 826 + 133 rent assistance but your rent assistance will pay your rent in australia so yes you will get $826 !! i want to know how you get a extention on your visa for 5mths !!

I believe rent assist is $67.30 per fortnight. My plans are to move there full time. The problem may be that The Thai Government want to show an income of 65000baht a month. The pension is 40599.06baht

I think you could get a 60 day tourist visa from the thai embassy in your home country, then extend it for 30 days for 1,900 baht at immigration in Thailand. Then leave Thailand and do the same thing, which would give you six months.

For 1 year Extension in Thailand.

You can all ways use money in the Thai Bank account 800.000 baht.

Or you can combine income and Thai Bank account.

So say you have 40.000 baht pr month X 12 Month = 480.000 baht.

800.000 - 480.000 = 320.000 baht in the bank account.

Kindly.

Thanks, John, I was going to have 800000baht in a Thai bank, hoping that the 40000baht + pension a month would be sufficient. The way I have been reading what is required 65000baht was required.