CPR Update Year 2018

Good day to all,

Can somebody help me with our situation as explained below:

1. EWA in our currently rented house/villa is under the owner's name.
2. In order for my wife to have her CPR issued, we need to update our CPR's as well. (Me and my brother who is assuming the role as the head of the family)
3. My brother went to the municipality in order to obtain the address/municipality certificate for the CPR update processing. (with all the required docs, CPR, lease agreement, EWA bill) (To be released after 2 days)

Question: Is there any conflict that will arise even if our EWA is under the owner's name? Thank you in advance.

It doesn't matter.  If you have a lease agreement in your name, you will be able to get a municipality letter which is valid for a month and can be used to update CPR address.

Thanks for the reply! I get that, I agree that we can have the municipality letter.

Earlier, my brother told me that the authorities have check the address in which we are currently residing. (Rented house/villa). They mentioned the address that we have is the same with the owner.

If that so, are there any future conflict that will happen?

Honestly, we are trying to maintain the EWA to be under the owner's name so that we can save.

No issues.  This is standard for most of Bahrain rentals.

Hi! I have the same problem also. We rented here in our flat since march 2018. Ewa is under the owner because it is in the contract that we have inclusive electricity. Because my husband dont have time we only updated his cpr last month july 2018 so that me and my daughter can have our cpr process after. The agent went to municipality for no objection something because ewa is under owner's name. And just now today the landlord told us that we will pay the amount of 96 bd because municipality charged now the time we update the cpr. But why we will pay the previous months municipality if it is already paid. Because before only 2bd they are paying for municipality.  And he said this is our fault and the agency fault. But we informed him before we update the cpr of my husband i told him the whole situation that the contract need to bring in municipality for the stamp and he is okay with it. And now he will tell us its our fault. We are only a tenant here and we don't know about that. Can you give us some advice please? Because he is telling that the charge is under my husband name in ewa even it is under the owners name because we call also the agency they said its still with the owners name they only update my husband address

No idea what you said. Can you clearly state what is the issue?

1) we rented here since march 2018 and no problem with ewa because our contract is inclusive and the owner is bahraini so they pay only 2bd for municipality charge

2) my husband updated his cpr last july 2018. In the contract my husband is the lease holder but for ewa is for the owner name because it is inclusive. The agent updated it with the steps of 1) bring our original contract to the municipality for the 'no objection contract'  in order the process the update of the address cpr of my husband

3) it was already updated we thought no more problem and we can proceed to make our cpr my child and i. But just now today the landlord came here and said that we need to pay 96bd for the charge of ewa for the municipality payment. Because he said they counted since march until now 16bd each month because in our contract our rent is 160.

My question is why they will charge from march if those bills are already paid. And is it possible that they will put 16bd municipality in ewa even if it is the owner name in ewa and the owner is bahraini?

It's really between you and your landlord. Depends on what contract says. If the contract states your rent is 160 BD from x date then the landlord can ask for the difference. Usually inclusive includes municipality but depends on what your contract states.

But the ewa still will charge the for 16bd each municipality each month from march even all those bills are already paid? And do you think it is under my husband name in ewa that 96bd even the ewa bill named in the owner?

You can check in the bills what was charged and take it up with your landlord.

My request for the CPR (first time issuance) has been rejected just a week back because of the same reason. Landlord had the same address as the tenant. How was your experience?