EWA Disconnection by Landlord

I have a query on behalf of a friend,

He is behind with his rent but slowly catching up. The landlord is now saying he is disconnecting the power tomorrow.

I know this is illegal in the UAE but can't find out the laws here in Bahrain, can anyone point me in the correct direction of checking the legality of this?

Thanks!!

The electricity connection is in whose name?

Hi XTang, thanks for the reply!
I just asked him and he's on an inclusive rental contract.
The landlord isn't disconnecting from EWA, just turning his flat (or at least half of it) off from the building end.
He doesn't owe any outstanding on his EWA so the landlord is using this to punish him for not being caught up on his rent as yet.

Thanks!

As per EWA rules, he is not supposed to do that.  If he does do it, you can complain to them but practically speaking, they won't bother much.  My advice would be to go turn it on after he has turned it off.

i can easily say to u its illegal - but if he is not paying the rent - so either he claim -nd landlord can kik him out of the flat - the landlord behaved cuz the rent is not payed - the landlort have more rights than him in this situation

Today is the 30th day of the month . The landlord cut the electricity coz i hace not paid him rent for the current month. I have told him i will pay soon as i have the money.. I  recently had a stroke. So friends and family are helping me whenever they can.. Now its too hot in my room . Abd i cant get up coz half of my body are paralyzed. What am i suppposed to do now.????

Read above

@Lawyer.zahraa.alwatani they will kick you out without a court order?