Address Certificate for CPR

Hi!

Recently moved to Bahrain and got stuck in between realtor, property manager and landlord.

I moved into an apartment with all-inclusive agreement (electricity + municipality tax) through a realtor.

Unfortunately, the landlord does not have a CPR because he is a foreign national residing in a foreign country. And he has not transferred the EWA on his name yet. Neither has the flat been registered with municipality (does not show up on LMRA website).

The property manager does not want to involve himself into the mix and advises to contact the landlord through the realtor. The landlord can not be reached since he is in a foreign country.

Is there a way I can get the address certificate for my CPR? Or is it better to move to another apartment? I have already signed a one-year lease agreement with the property manager. The lease agreement mentions that the Municipality Tax shall be paid by the landlord.

Any suggestion would be helpful.

Does the landlord have the title deed under his name?    whose name is EWA under currently?

But looking at the complications, it is probably better to move apartments.

Xtang, I was hoping you would reply. You have been a great help to many on this forum. Thank you for your service.

The deed is under the landlord's name; however, EWA is under the company which constructed the building.

Facing the complications, I have the urge to move out. But alas! I signed the agreement thinking that the landlord would be cooperative.

So try to talk to the developer directly (not property manager) and tell them the situation.    They would probably be paying the EWA on behalf of the landlord and / or have some arrangement with him.   

Easiest would be to try and get the EWA transferred in your name and deduct the EWA payments from monthly rental.   This is by far the simplest way to go about it.   A more complicated way would be to sign a lease agreement with the landlord, show his agreement with the property manager and get a letter from the developer taking responsibility for EWA.

Maybe I can try to get EWA under my name.

But what after that? How do I proceed? Where should I head to get the address proof or CPR? The online website says it is mandatory to submit landlord's CPR.

Landlord cpr for municipality certificate.  For cpr you need municipality certkgicad

@XTang

Hi,

I hope you could reply and help me related to this issue. For me I got the address certificate from the municipality and shared it with the employer as they were supposed to apply for CPR. But then they told me that on LMRA website the adress is not found and it is giving an error as "PL007 adress not found'. Why do you think this is happening??

As I have the address certificate from the municipality, how come it is not found on the LMRA website. As you know now CPR got stucked because of this as they cannot complete the applcation/submission etc on lmra website. Can you please help me what can be the solution urgently. Thank you very much in advance Xtang!

Ask them to raise a ticket with lmra support attaching the municipality certificate.  Seems to be an issue at lmra end.

@XTang

Thank you Xtang for your reply. So you think it is not a serious issue right as I got the official address certificate from the capital municipality. Because I got very worried after reading the earlier posts that somebody had to move as the flat was not registered at all. So you think because I have the address certificate, it can be solved without me need to move??

Raise a ticket and let them respond.

I cannot raise a ticket myself as I have no CPR yet. On this website, you need to login with e-key (https://esupport.lmra.gov.bh) Is there a way to register for e-key without CPR or do you know a way to login to this system with my (temporary) Cpr number from LMRA. In the video they say that you can login with the expiry number of your passport but it does not work...

I already told you. Your employer needs to raise the ticket. You can't do it yourself.

@XpatBH

Hi, were you able to get this sorted out and how? I am also having a similar problem as the address not appearing on Lmra as well...

@XTang

I got address issue fixed now my address is registered with LMRA but I still could not get (first time) CPR due to my fingerprints issue. When I did the fingerprints, they were not able to capture as their machines definitely have problems because I lived in Europe before had no issue. But anyway my fingerprints do not work and I cannot replace them obviously. What is the solution in this case? Where can I go to get this problem solved. If I go to by myself Isa Town IGA Fast Track, would it work without the employer?? Please help

Yes go to isa town fast track.  But you also need to redo enrollment in LMRA and your employer needs to help with it.

How Much time to get the Address Certificate Online from Manama Capital Municipality??

I have applied on 11th October, 2023.

When I should get this??

7 to 14 working days usually.

@logicalindian

Thank you. Will wait till next Week and see.

Today is 4th Working day. Still status showing as New.

Address certificate cannot be taken from mun.gov.bh. i have been clicking here and there.. but it doesnt take me to the portal where i should upload lease registration and other details.

The portal "without login" does not have address certificate for CPR option anymore.

Looks like there is a change in the login process, somone else also raised this issue. I guess we need to wait till they fix it.

@SulaiTK were u able to get the address certificate? Im also facing the same problem

@naveen0193

Visit Visit https://eservices.mun.gov.bh

1. Login with E- key (if you do not have CPR create individual account) 

2. Click on “Revenue Collection” 

3. Click on “Proof of residence with ID card”

To view status of the application:

Click on “Revenue Collection”   

On the main menu click on “My Applications” 

**Please use a computer as mobile version still not stable 

The flow of address certificate status 

New -> Waiting for Payment -> Bill has been Paid -> Approved 

After approval you can download your certificate by clicking on “Revenue collection” 

Then expand the main menu (Three dashes on top left) and click on “ My Application” 

After that select your application and click view then you will be able to print it 

@Sulai TK Thanks. I have submitted the application.

How many days did it take to get the address proof certificate?

@SulaiTK thanks for the update

@SulaiTK

Hi, I followed this path and now in "waiting for payment" status. Where can I make the payament of 5 BD?