Protests in Budapest...

SimCityAT :
fluffy2560 :

Neither alert has actually said where the demonstration is.

Stay indoors lol

Got an alert from the US embassy, will be on Sat. in the 1st. district near the bridge.

fluffy2560 :
klsallee :

FWIIW, and regarding issues that need protesting:

I saw another low (really low ... as in almost scraping the tiles off roofs) flight of it seemed a C-17 (?) over my house, North Balaton, today. Probably from Papa Air Base this morning at 9:20 AM.

Why so low? Under radar? Trying to hide the flight?

Also noticed "issues"in Syria earlier this week. Related. I don't know. Draw your own conclusions.

Seen them flying over Balaton and different places down that way.  We're on the flight path for the Westerly approach for Budapest Airport.

Pht.

Papa air base is too far away for any need to fly at that altitude at the Balaton.

Similar issues  were reported before, by my wife and others, some year ago and actually caused a stir on some of the independent portals. The "excuse" from Papa was they were having "Flight day" and flying around some family members of the air base.

Yeah. Right.

Odd how those low flight days seem to co-inside with issues in mid east. Yes, I have been paying attention. The "official" reason I think is BS.

There is a topic to protest about. But does it happen? Nope.

But I am sure I am now on certain "watch lists" by bringing up this issue. ;)

klsallee :

Pht.

Papa air base is too far away for any need to fly at that altitude at the Balaton.

Not too far if you are in a plane, just a few minutes.

But, yes, you're doomed now for bringing it up. 

If you've got a copy of Catcher in the Rye on your bookshelf as well, you might as well turn yourself in now.

fluffy2560 :
klsallee :

Pht.

If you've got a copy of Catcher in the Rye on your bookshelf as well, you might as well turn yourself in now.

Funny but probably true, I know my posts have been under investigation in the past, got the old knock on the front door but enough on that...
When we arrived at the airport this trip over to Vegas I was asked very quickly without time to think over my rights, to stand for a photo at the immigration desk.
After thinking it over I was like, WTF was that all about? I'm a US citizen and handed them my US passport with photo so why another photo?
Guess it's for the upcoming facial rec. coming soon to your airport!
Spoke with my bro yesterday who works at a major airline hub in SC.
I mentioned all the chemtrails sprayed here in Vegas and he said it was just condensation from planes... He must be an agent of the gov. or under their spell to not notice all the chems sprayed everywhere almost everyday.
Funny thing is he mentioned that I must be a Republican just because I mentioned chemical spraying in the air.
Back on subject, just read there will be shut-downs in Hungary in mid Jan.
No mention of what services will be affected, does anyone know? I'm guessing  transportation and perhaps most gov. offices?

fluffy2560 :
klsallee :

Pht.

Far enough to gain altitude. Seriously. This plane was scraping roof tiles.

fluffy2560 :

Yeah, I know.

fluffy2560 :

i have a secret weapon. A lot of wine in my cellar. Will get them all drunk, happy and make them my friends. Then they will arrest my neighbor. :D

Marilyn Tassy :

I mentioned all the chemtrails sprayed here in Vegas and he said it was just condensation from planes... He must be an agent of the gov. or under their spell to not notice all the chems sprayed everywhere almost everyday.

The American ag industry sprays enough chems from tractors. It does not need to spray them from planes. And it spends lobby money in DC to allow them to keep spraying such things at ground level without regulation.

And, even if planes were spraying something, it would be a complete and stupid waste of money. Too many unpredictable air currents at that altitude. The spray may stay aloft and end up in China or Russia before it hits the ground**. Only Republicans in government would OK funding for such a goofball, lacking any basic science and physics basis, project.... Or not fund agencies that would check up on and prevent such spraying.... :D

**But then again, maybe it is intended to land in China and Russia....  Hmmmm..... :/

Video report on the latest protest:

19 Jan 2018 Protests

Latest.....

....anti-government protest marches scheduled to take place in the capital Budapest on 10 February. Both marches will be held to denounce the government's policies during a major speech by Prime Minister Viktor Orban.

The first march will take place from 13:00 – 17:00 local time (12:00 – 16:00 GMT) and proceed from Heroes' Square to the National Assembly building while the second will take place from 14:00 – 17:30 local time (13:00 – 16:30 GMT) and proceed from Buda Castle to the National Court of Auditors office.

Although both actions are likely to pass without incident, elevated security and road closures are expected along the protest routes.

Travelers are advised to avoid the vicinity of ongoing demonstrations and anticipate associated disruptions.

Best to avoid those areas for sure unless you are a protester.
Sometimes innocent people get caught up in social unrest and get hurt without even knowing they have put themselves in harms way.
Like I mentioned in the past, my husbands first cousin was 17 years old and going to college in Budapest in 1956.
He had no idea that things were going down in the city when he walked innocently down a sidewalk and was shot in the knee by a Russian soldier.Actually a chicken sh** sniper with illegal exploding bullets.
Was rushed out by the Red Cross on one of the first of many transports to Switzerland.
Lost his knee, about 4 inches in height as well.
Has to wear one of the built up ortho shoes now.
He never set "foot" in Hungary again even to this day.
He is an old man now so looks like he may never visit his home again.

Latest...(also holiday Friday 15 March....)

.......in Hungary on 14 March should anticipate protests during a national strike by civil servants and public sector workers over a new labour law that increases the amount of overtime that employers can ask of staff to 400 hours a year.

Thousands have joined demonstrations in recent months over the so-called 'slave law', including outside the parliament building in the capital Budapest.

While demonstrations over the issue have been largely peaceful, they have caused disruption. All further gatherings should be avoided as a precaution and to minimise travel delays.

Bit late....

Hungary: Anti-government protests, general strike ongoing nationwide on 14 March

As of 14 March 2019 a general strike and related anti-government protests are ongoing nationwide. The demonstrations have been organized in opposition to December 2018 labor reforms. Early reports indicate roughly 8,000 civil service workers are participating in the strike. The size, scope, location and duration of related protests are unknown at this time. Travelers should anticipate localized delays to overland travel, avoid protests as a precaution and anticipate possible delays to goods and services for the duration of the strike.

and another one....

Hungary: U.S. Embassy issues Demonstration Alert regarding marches in Budapest on 15 and 16 March

On 14 March 2019 the U.S. Embassy in the capital Budapest issued a Demonstration Alert regarding planned marches in the city on 15 and 16 March. The demonstrations, which will take place in various locations over both days, will be held to commemorate the anniversary of the 1848 Hungarian Revolution.

Similar marches in previous years have been almost entirely peaceful, but resulted in elevated security deployments throughout Budapest as well as road closures.