Man took a photo of me driving

Hi everyone,

Was driving in Budapest today and I think I accidentally entered a one-way street from the other end, trying to enter a MOL gas station. Half way a fat man wearing black normal clothes started waiving his hands at me, probably asking me to stop the car. Honestly he scared me, I continued going, entered the gas station and walked to him but he was no longer there.

As I passed him I saw him in the rear mirror taking a picture of my car with a small compact camera.
Was this a Rendorseg or will I expect a fine? From my previous experience the parking guys that give fines always wear a green jacket...

Sounds like a citizen trying to warn you were going the wrong way, and took a picture thinking you were ignoring his warning. Was he the police (Rendőrség)? Unlikely. The police would have come over and ticketed you on the spot. May this person show his picture of you to the police? Maybe. But I would not loose any sleep over it. The police have more important crimes to deal with. Overall, you meant no harm, made a simple mistake, tried to follow up on it properly, and thus have no bad Karma on you side. But if you do get a ticket, just pay it, and move on with life. Sure you could fight it, but unless the fine is huge probably not worth it.

Thanks for the reply. Actually I'm ok getting a fine since it was my mistake. Just the whole thing with the photo was weird. Anyway...sunny day outside so I've got better things to do. Have a great weekend!

Mistakes are all too easy in Hungary. I went though a red traffic light the other day because I had the sun visor down and the lights are mounted so high up you just can't see them as they are hidden by the sun visor.

fidobsa wrote:

Mistakes are all too easy in Hungary. I went though a red traffic light the other day because I had the sun visor down and the lights are mounted so high up you just can't see them as they are hidden by the sun visor.

I'm with you on that one. If I misudge where I stop at some traffic lights, I can only see the light by either reversing or opening the sunroof blinds. They should mount "mini traffic lights" at eye level.  They do it in some countries.