Living half the time in East Amman

I have been coming back and forth to Jordan with my husband for the past six years almost. The thing I like the most about here are the friendly people. The things I hate? The starving cats and the TERRIBLE driving. It must be the worst in the world. No kidding. My son works in Germany and when we are not here we living outside London.  Does anyone know where we can purchase pure cotton to bring back to the UK and turn into cool thobes and tops?
Kind regards
Jennie

Cotton isn't famously known in Jordan, but wool is...the highest quality of wool is in Madaba.

And about the cats, believe me they get a lot of food..i never saw a starving cat, people feed them around their homes and they tend to stay near trash cans..i know it's not a healthy thing by your standards but at least no one harms them

Many thanks for your interesting and helpful reply. I did not know that wool was a thing in Jordan and is available in Madaba. I will find out where this.

I think that the Jordanian and Palestinian traditional dresses are absolutely beautiful and would like to find a shop or local mall that sells cotton thobes similiar to the ones I wore when living in Doha. Nice and cool in this searing heat. Nice cool breezes at nights however. I have just rung our bank in England and was told there that the weather was "quite hot and breezy here in Scotland -22 degrees." Forgot to tell the bank lady that it was 36 here today.

Keep drinking drink drinking cooled water!!!

PS
Have you visited Munich?

sadly not yet but i'm planning to do so this year, i have a company in Jordan and between work and flights from France to Jordan i struggle to find any time to visit Germany and to be honest i'm quite fascinated by the German architecture.

a small advice: don't stay in Amman all the time visit other places in Jordan you will have a lot of fun doing so, madaba for a start would be perfect and not just the down town area or the churches, i would recommend you visit the villages, they have an extraordinary craftswomen there with amazing products, from simple carpets to clothes of all kinds, i think the most famous one is Bani Hameda village.

for safety reasons make sure you don't wonder off alone or go in strangers houses and please don't accept any offer of a tour with young men, it's safe there but it never hurts to be careful.

the weather in Jordan is the worst, i can't stand the heat, some times i feel like a camel drinking gallons of water every day just to survive another day in Jordan

There are two stores who possible sells cotton but not sure. Unfortunately it's very uncommon to get cotton due the high prices.
One store is in gardens which I can't recall the name as I visited just once.
The other is sufati in Bayader area. She has a Facebook page too.

Many thanks for this information. I guess I will just have to buy cotton here in the uk.
Best wishes and apologies for the delay. I was away
Jennie