Today I got my Work Permit, but I was expecting a Blue card

Hi,

Today I got my Work Permit, but I was expecting a Blue card, I am eligible for blue card due to my profession and salary threshold. But today i only received work permit.

When I told the officer at city council that I was expecting to receive a blue card, then she checked my file and checked all the details, my job contract, salary details, qualification and then she said she will check with the concerned department that why I didn't get blue card although I fulfill all the requirements for Blue Card.

My HR had also told me that she had booked the appointment at city council for blue card.

Can anyone know what could be the reason for not getting blue card. Any further options to reapply for blue card?

Thanks,
MAK

This is strange: Normally you apply for either a national work permit or an EU Blue Card, not both together.
The national work permit is less restrictive (no salary thresholds, etc.) and better in most respects, except if you want to move to another EU country.
It is also possible to change from national work permit to Blue Card when you fulfill the requirements.

Thanks Beppi, I guess my HR applied for normal residence permit not blue card. yeah you are right I can apply again and i will have to verify my degree from Anabin which was previously not submitted and that could also be the reason.