Permanent residency application has been archived !

Hi there... My name is Bill Grant, I'm from San Francisco Ca. I submitted my application for permanent residency Oct 2017.  every month since then the
justica dept website said (whenever I checked my status) that yes they recieved it, and it was still in process. 2 days ago recieved a message from them (first one ever) that my application was being archived and that I had 10 days to appeal.  That was all the info they gave.  I don't know exactly what it is they want me to appeal pertaining to any particular information I included in my application.  I will appeal the fact they they are archiving it.  I applied for residency based upon my stable union with my Brazilian girlfriend.  Her parents signed a testimonial stating that we have been together 6 years. The
requirements for proving a stable union were: a child together; own property together; have a joint bank account; have life insurance on each other, testimonial.  We only had the later of those.  could that be the weak 'link' ?  We filed everything else that was asked.  Also will I be able to travel in and out of Brasil without visa ( as I currently am able to do) while my application is archived ?  all answers will be very much appreciated.

Hi, Bill,
You need to get to the Federal Police office ASAP to find out what's going on.  My guess -- and it's only a guess -- is that they wanted an additional document, their system shows that they sent you an email or a letter to request it, and their communication vanished into the ether. All the rules for permanency changed in November, and your application was probably caught in that.   It may be relatively easy to resolve if you get right on it,, but you want to get after it before your file is archived, or you could find yourself back at square one.  Good luck.