“Dual Citizenship” with USA & Spain

Thank you so much for your post. I'm currently in the process of applying for Spanish citizenship via the Sephardic law. I was very concerned when I was reading that I needed to renounce my US citizenship. I am a naturalized citizen of the US. Do you know if that makes any difference? Did you seek legal counsel in the US or only in Spain. I have a Spanish lawner doing my paper work, but would like to double confirm with a US lawyer that my US citizenship would be OK. How was the process? I'm currently planning my trip to spain in two weeks to file the paperwork with the notario.

See info here SF girl

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados … as/CSLA%20(English)/Nationality-for-Sephardic-Jews.aspx

Whilst one cannot usually have dual Spanish and another nationality, there are some exceptions.

When there not:  if one is required to renounce existing nationality I believe they never ask for proof of that.   I know a few people who said they had renounced their exiting nationality but lied.  They just take care in spain never to have both passports with them at the same time !   

PS you did not hear that from me !

[at]morenasix I am confused. If you were born in Spain, why do you have to go through the process of becoming a Spanish citizen now? Arent you one already?