Police clearance certificate

Hi. I applied and received a police clearance certificate by email.
It is a digitally signed, electronic stamped document.
However the company asking for the certificate insists on it being stamped and signed by the ministry of justice!!
I have now left the island having spent much time and money to get the document.
Any one got any idea on this?

Hi,
Do you mean a  British police certificate or a Spanish one?

If it's  a British certificate it must be translated into Spanish by a sworn translator to be valid in Spain; the same if it's a Spanish certificate must be translated into English to be valid in the UK.
Best regards, Roberto

If you want I can help you in doing this. Just send me the certificate by mail and I will tell you  the best quote to translate it by a sworn translator here in Spain. Or if you prefer you can find one by yourself. Regards, Roberto

Thanks Roberto.
I needed Spanish clearance for a job in Ireland.
The HR department are insisting on it being stamped and signed.
The certificate says on it that it is digitally signed but that doesn't seem to be good enough. My legal representative in Spain says its legal. So I seem to be stuck in the middle. I already took the time and expense (flights, PCR tests etc).
Best regards Bill.

As you say you can apply for the Spanish "police check" form with a digital signature that shows that, so far as the Spanish authorities are concerned you have no criminal record.

If the Irish HR department won't accept that and you have a legal representative here in Spain you could probably give them authorisation to go to the regional office of the justice ministry and get an old fashioned signed and stamped certificate.

When I was teaching in Spain, years ago, I went to the Justice ministry office in Murcia and got the certificate by filling in a form, proving who I was (passport, NIE etc) and waiting for a couple of minutes. the certificate was issued there and then. Later, when I needed a newer version of the same certificate I was able to get it electronically from my home computer using a digital signature.

I presume that the old method still exists. It's pretty normal for a gestor or lawyer to do paperwork for clients here in Spain so you're going to have to give legal permission for someone to act on your behalf so that they can do it in person.