Move to Almeria from the UK

A very warm hello and welcome from Brian and I.

Brian and I are from Wales in the UK, in early (he in mid) 60's and having worked all our lives and having family we would like to embrace a new life and way of life in Spain.

We are looking for a well maintained villa or bungalow (with or without a private pool but with option to have one)) in a private residential area (no communal residency)  and adequate space for our small pet dogs.

We are looking to retire to Spain and as friendly people ourselves, making new friends and are pleased to be a part of this friendly forum for anyone's help, advice and support.

We are looking to be inland and open to various areas in Almeria, such as La Alfoquia, Albox, Zurgena, Huércal-Overa, Arboleas, Mojacar, Turre, Vera Playa, Los Galladros etc., and would like to be amongst a good community of Ex-Pats that we can meet as well as other nationalities and be close to amenities, e.g., shops, supermarket, bank, post office, gp surgery, dentist, vets, leisure, social and cultural activities, cafes, town hall, church etc., learn Spanish and be close (i.e., no more than an hour and a half) to an airport or choice of airports.

Apart from opening a Spanish Bank Account and registering for NIE, Brian and I would be pleased to hear from anyone that can give some insight and guidance into buying, the moving (we also have pets) aspect in regard to either driving or flying in respect of the move, recommended Corredores (i.e. Brokers) and or trusted real estate agents (if Spanish, with English speaking staff) and their commissions, property surveyor, lawyer, what to look for and out for in respect of buying, property tax and or other costs, living costs/the cost of living, e.g. utility, local (IBI) tax etc.

Setting up phone, satellite, tv, water supply and sanitation (i.e. provision of main, well or tank). Mail, Gas and electric, heating, pool cleaning, buying a car and renewal of driving licence (before moving to Spain i.e.) and furnishing outlets along with electric outlets for, e.g. laptop, table lamps, fridge, freezer, tv etc.

We know there are many aspects and things to do and sort prior to the purchasing and moving. Any reply would be valued and appreciated.

Thank you.

Best wishes

Breianne

Go to handy tools, then expat guide. It's all there.

Hi Lucinda.

Good afternoon.

Many thanks for your contact and reply, its very appreciated. 

Kind regards

Breianne