thinking of moving to quintana roo from canada

Hello everyone ,

im a canadian female 50 yrs of age .

im really considering to move to mexico quintana roo .

i already have a good mexican friend there , but still i need to know the ins and outs of this area of Mexico.

how much would it ciost to rent a 2 bedroom appt? not near beach but safe?

cost of living ?

safety?

any canadian friends in quintana roo ?

anna

Good idea, but sorry to say I have no idea about cost. When I was there I spend 130$/day for Apartment. I was staying near Playa del Carmen and for transportation, Oscar Cancun Shuttle service helped me. You can stay safe.

Hola Senora I have lived  in Playa del Carmen for almost a year total. I live in Niagara Falls Not now. It a great area, booming with growth and many expats from Canada,US, Britain, Germany and Italy.All the nice  modern grocery stores,Home Depot,English speaking Dr. and dentists. I paid $433.00 USD a month 3 blocks from beach including utilities and wifi,TV! It was basic 2 room bachelor apt, maybe not nice enough. Rent a place for a week or two or month and look around . Check Facebook groups, Everythinplayadelcarmen.com,and  viva nuncios.com/mx. enyucatan.com Facebook-departementos en rents (amuelabado) means furnished. Good hotels El Acuario and Hotel Playa del Karma ,inexpensive, run by expats w local knowledge . Food scene is great in Playa

My husband and I are moving to Playa del Carmen from Edmonton, Alberta.  We would like to know how we can send our personal belongings like clothing pictures extc.
Thank you for your blog.

Jeeper24 :

My husband and I are moving to Playa del Carmen from Edmonton, Alberta.  We would like to know how we can send our personal belongings like clothing pictures extc.
Thank you for your blog.

Hi again,  once again, if you are planning to move permanently to Mexico you should talk to the Mexican consulate near you home, also talk to Revenue Canada on the criterias to become a non resident of Canada.

Adios y buena suerte en su proyecto, GyC.

Why do I have to inform revenue Canada ?