Thinking of moving to quintana roo from canada

Hello everyone ,

im a canadian female 50 yrs of age .

im really considering to move to mexico quintana roo .

i already have a good mexican friend there , but still i need to know the ins and outs of this area of Mexico.

how much would it ciost to rent a 2 bedroom appt? not near beach but safe?

cost of living ?

safety?

any canadian friends in quintana roo ?

anna

Hola Senora I have lived  in Playa del Carmen for almost a year total. I live in Niagara Falls Not now. It a great area, booming with growth and many expats from Canada,US, Britain, Germany and Italy.All the nice  modern grocery stores,Home Depot,English speaking Dr. and dentists. I paid $433.00 USD a month 3 blocks from beach including utilities and wifi,TV! It was basic 2 room bachelor apt, maybe not nice enough. Rent a place for a week or two or month and look around . Check Facebook groups, Everythinplayadelcarmen.com,and  viva nuncios.com/mx. enyucatan.com Facebook-departementos en rents (amuelabado) means furnished. Good hotels El Acuario and Hotel Playa del Karma ,inexpensive, run by expats w local knowledge . Food scene is great in Playa

Hola fellow Canadian! I am from Saskatoon living in the Yucatan. I have lived in Quintana Roo and now live in Merida area. You will find many expats here in both areas. Most however are in Riviera Maya (QR)
You should also check out Merida area as QR is very touristy and expensive. Merida is a beautiful city close to the beaches that is full of history & culture with many things to see and do. If you are into the arts, architecture, gastronomy with less tourists you will enjoy it. The downtown is simply beautiful to walk around and explore.
It is a much more laid back peaceful area.

In fact most of our clients we deal with have been and done Riviera Maya and they prefer to retire in Yucatan state (Merida area) for many reasons