Permanent Residence Permit

Dear friends!
We are going to apply for Hungarian Permanent Residence Permit.

Is it necessarily to use OFFI to have the verified translated copies of passport, birth and marriage certificates or is it possible to do with any other Hungarian notary?

Is it necessarily to have the verified copies of all the pages of passport or only the main page?

If the original documents are in English should I translate them to Hungarian?

Thank you very much in advance.
Alex

Alex1959 wrote:

Dear friends!
We are going to apply for Hungarian Permanent Residence Permit.

Is it necessarily to use OFFI to have the verified translated copies of passport, birth and marriage certificates or is it possible to do with any other Hungarian notary?

Is it necessarily to have the verified copies of all the pages of passport or only the main page?

Thank you very much in advance.
Alex

I don't need a residence permit myself but in past dealings, everything had to be done by OFFI.  Total rip off but you need the stamps and fancy ribbons to make it valid. 

Don't know about your passport.

Alex1959 wrote:

Is it necessarily to use OFFI to have the verified translated copies of passport, birth and marriage certificates

Yes.

Alex1959 wrote:

or is it possible to do with any other Hungarian notary?

No.

Alex1959 wrote:

Ask at the Immigration and Asylum office when you apply.

Alex1959 wrote:

No. Just turn them in "as is" if requested. They also need official translations.

Side note: New arrivals can only apply for a temporary residency permit which may last for 1 to 5 years. You can not apply for permanent residency until you have lived in Hungary for 2 to 5 years. See:

http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?option=co … mp;lang=en

Yes, OFFI is costy but it's a must in Hungary for legal translation.
Don't try anything else, you'll definitely lose your money.