Business Visa for Children??

Hey everyone,

I know lots of threads have been posted about visas, etc. But I can't find this particular discussion anywhere on the site.

Even though 1-year multi-entry business visas are ridiculously expensive (in my opinion), it might make more sense for my family to use this option rather than getting a new 3-month multi-entry tourist visa 4 times every year and having to leave the country each time.

Am I correct in understanding that there is no such thing as having a dependent on a Business Visa? So in my case -- my wife, my 1-year old daughter and myself -- we would each need our own Business Visa?

Does anybody else have experience with Business visas for children? This seems strange to me, but the agencies that I have spoken with don't seem to think that it's a problem.

I hope that once I land a job, I'll be able to change my visa situation and get on a TRC or something in the future -- but for now I'm focused on studying Vietnamese full-time, so I would like something more permanent for a year or so.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Wouldn't it make sense to just get long-term tourist visas for your wife and daughter?

I think as dependents, your wife and child should be eligible for a TT visa which is for dependents of holders of several categories of visa including ĐN.  It is good for one year.  I am unsure about this but it may be that the TT can be modified to match the TRC once you get it.  I can't imagine that one could get a business visa for a 1 year-old but in Vietnam, money can make most anything possible.

http://www.e-vietnamvisa.com/visa-type.html

THIGV wrote:

I think as dependents, your wife and child should be eligible for a TT visa which is for dependents of holders of several categories of visa including ĐN.  It is good for one year.  I am unsure about this but it may be that the TT can be modified to match the TRC once you get it.  I can't imagine that one could get a business visa for a 1 year-old but in Vietnam, money can make most anything possible.

http://www.e-vietnamvisa.com/visa-type.html

I agree. To me, that makes the most sense.

But even according to this page that you link to, the TT can only be given to “Dependents of LV1, LV2, ĐT,
NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ” — the ĐN Visa is not included.

Is this old information? Are ĐN visas actually allowed to have dependants? That would make the most sense for me.

kschulz wrote:

— the ĐN Visa is not included.

Sorry I missed that.  Maybe the best thing is to start with tourist visas, get the TRC as soon as possible, then they should be eligible for the TT.

The great majority of ESL teachers are probably single or if married are both teachers.  Those more likely to come with dependents are employees of multi-nationals or NGO's who are lucky enough to let the HR department handle those things.

Your not being sponsored for a job, therefore you will need to obtain the tourist visas to start. Once you have an employer, and a work permit,you can then apply for a TRC. I doubt you can get a child on your business visa, but if you have full time employment with a contract and pay tax, there should be some way of getting your child listed as a dependent.

If your child is travelling on your passport, they dont require a visa, so they say.

"If your children have their own passport, they are surely required to pay stamping fee to get their Vietnam visa. However, if they are on the same passport with parent(s) who travel with them, they don't have to pay for this kind of fee."

American and Canadian children must have their own passports, even as newborns, for international travel.  The OP is Canadian.

Yes children get business visa too. But their stamping fee (if you get visa on arrival) is only $25 instead of the normal $135. Also the price range varies greatly for visas, I wouldn't pay more than $120 for the business visa.

[

Even though 1-year multi-entry business visas are ridiculously expensive (in my opinion), it might make more sense for my family to use this option rather than getting a new 3-month multi-entry tourist visa 4 times every year and having to leave the country each time.

If you are complaining about Visa fee event you haven't been yet to Vietnam then you should consider your moving to Vietnam again because there will be more other things will be expensive too, Especially you are moving with family.