Intercultural relationships in Kuwait

Hello,

We invite you to share some fun anecdotes and information regarding intercultural marriages and relationships in Kuwait. This will provide some insight to current and future expats regarding relationship norms in mixed relationships and marriages in Kuwait.

What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

What are some challenges that you have faced or are currently facing? How do you address them?

Are intercultural relationships/marriages common and accepted in Kuwait?

What are the benefits to being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

Do you have any fun or interesting anecdotes to share regarding dating norms and rules for intercultural relationships/marriages?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Really it's very difficult to find real one for relationships/ marriage in Kuwait. Most of the women looking for money by cheating way by relationships or marriage specially Philippians. Since 5 years I am trying to get one for real relationships but still nothing real.

I have a girlfriend (USA) but in terms of general relationships from my personal experience the people of Kuwait have a superiority complex which makes it difficult for westerners to engage in any type of meaningful friendships. Try to have an open mind and remember the fact you are in their country. Best of luck!

Thanks for your advice my dear friend

Interesting topic.
No matter what relationship it be, what matters the most is the understanding between the 2 adults.
People around them might blabber this and that but who cares if you are in love.

Q: What are some of the best things about being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

A: New cultures offer new languages, new foods, new perspectives in life, and freshness that you can't find in many same-culture relationships.

Q: What are some challenges that you have faced or are currently facing? How do you address them?

A: Kuwait is rooted in class-ism. Some cultures are also cultures of modesty (Indian, Islamic, especially). So, finding a mate can be tricky. Also, westerners are often seen as players. So, women of modest cultures will not be very open to dating. They believe that Western men will used them for fun and leave them. This is not always true but it's a fairly legit stereotype, as most westerners are contractors and constantly move from place to place.

Also, westerners seem to attract a lot of leeches that want nothing but material things and or a better financial situation, at the American's expense, of course. Ethiopians are the worst, at least it seems, from my point of view. "Ethies", as they are commonly called, usually date Americans for financial benefits and pool their money together. Yet, they offer little to relationships. One can argue my point of view, until their faces turn blue. Yet, Ethies are trouble.

Address them the same way you address ALL relationships. If there is a problem, fix it or end the relationship.

Q: Are intercultural relationships/marriages common and accepted in Kuwait?

A: Yes. There are more expatriate than Kuwait citizens, with Filipinas being the most common population. Usually, Americans get serious with Filipinas because Filipinas make better wives than the other cultures.

Q: What are the benefits to being in an intercultural relationship/marriage?

A: Access to other countries, connections with Kuwait.

Do you have any fun or interesting anecdotes to share regarding dating norms and rules for intercultural relationships/marriages?

Regarding intercultural marriages and relationships in Kuwait, well I think its a great chance for expats to get to know the new culture and try to get into local activities and people in general put their own barriers against other cultures but when they get closer to local people they find that their ideas were not correct ! When I remember my study in USA I remembered it a great experience of all kinds meeting people, travelling around and exploring the new culture. So please get down to street and meet people of all ages and all backgrounds !