Query for Saudi entry due to short passport validity

Hi there, my friend passport is going to expire on 25th July and due to some emergency situation,  he wants to go India and come back within 60 days. Will he face any problem anywhere in India? He having valid Iqama (Resident Permit) until July. Thanks

Assuming that he is holding Indian passport - there's no issue to go back to India. He should renew his passport while on vacation (typically min. 6 months validity is required to travel outside).

Coming back to Saudi, on the other hand, he should make sure that the exit/re-entry visa is not expired by the time he is coming back to Saudi. The exit/re-entry visa validity is tied to Iqama validity - for my case previously it was always about 2 weeks before my Iqama expired.

Thanks for your reply. However, he will renew his passport after arrival or coming back to Saudi. So, will he face any problem to return, if he having valid exit reentry visa?

There is no issue from Saudi Immigration side as long as you have valid re-entry visa (based on personal experience) but the airlines might not allow you to fly if they see passport validity of less than 6 months (also based on personal experience!).

Hence it's a risky game; better renew the passport while in India if he can.