Convert student pass to work permit

Dear Mr/s,

Greetings,

Currently I've been offered a work visa from the company I've worked with but I'm still holding my student visa as an MBA student. My main concern is:

First do i need to leave the country to get my employment pass?

Second can I continue my studies and stamp my certificate from the ministry of education after I convert my visa?

Many thanks

Working part-time on an employment pass is not an option.

I'm getting a full time offer not a part time offer my concern is do i need to leave the country or no? And will i be able to stamp my certificate after graduating? Thanks.

I thought you asked whether you could study and work:

"Second can I continue my studies and stamp my certificate from the ministry of education after I convert my visa"

To do that you would need an EP and then permission to study afterwards (if that study is part-time e.g. MBA). As it is not possible to have more than one Pass, the current Student Pass would need to be cancelled. This would be done to coincide with your leaving the country.

The latest rule (since August 2016) is that the first EP has to be processed by the employer with immigration, while the proposed employee is outside Malaysia. So yes, you would need to leave the country for the month or so the process takes.