Best beaches to visit and live on in the DR?

I have been visiting over the last 5 years and have been to many beaches in the DR such as Juanillo Beach in Cap Cana, Macoa Beach, Cayo Lavante,  Playa Grande, Cabarete Kite Beach, Sosua, and Puerta Plata.

Which beaches do you think are the best in terms of clear blue water and white sand to visit?

Which beach would you recommend living on as I plan to retire there in 1-2 years?

Thanks for your advice in advance.
Steve

Welcome to the forums.

That is a really open ended question my friend.  There are SO many beaches here and the prices for living NEAR a beach are going to be very different!  IT all depends on what you need or want.

Cabrera has the beaches you describe. The town is on a cliff. The beaches are a very short distance away from the center of town.Real estate is very reasonable & I saw many good properties for sale.  Hillside & beach side prices are in all ranges.  I visit with friends for a few days as often as I can. PM me for contact info. If I didn't live in Sosua, I would live in Cabrera. I have no skin in this game. I like meeting people & helping them if they can put up with me. Welcome & smile, this Isle is blessed.

Thanks.   My question is very specific and I have been to the DR many times....I do not think the beaches in Puerta Plata, Cabarette or even Sosua are clear blue waters where you can live on the Beach. Juanillo beach in Cap Cana is clear blue but you can not live on that beach.  So with that info, which beaches do you think have clear blue waters, white sands, and you can live on the beach?  Thanks.

There used to be a few lots for sale to build on in the Uvero Alto beach area, which is about 20 min from Bavaro beach in Punta Cana (which is very turquoise). Also Macao beach may of had a few lots for sale a few min from there. There maybe houses for sale in that area already built as well, I would contact a realtor in Punta Cana and see what's available. I love the turquoise water in those areas.

The beaches in the Las Terrenas are incredible.  I am a beach person and have travelled extensively.  You will find peace and quiet on these beautiful beaches.