Moving to UK from another EU country with EEA Family Permit

hi all!

i would like to know is it possible to MOVE to UK from another eu country with my non-eu husband?

if:

we fill EEA Family Permit...

we were thinking to fill the form like we  go for a holiday,as we dont have any address in UK.

or do we have to state that we plan to move to UK  in the form?

(i am afraid that if i state in the form,that we want to move to UK,maybe they will decline our form,because of the brexit and all the hatred with it ...)

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

First - do not contemplate making misleading or incorrect statements to the UK Border force, hundreds of people try it every day and they are very good at spotting those that are trying to enter illegally and if caught, your husband will be deported and have no prospect of returning.

Now - how to do it legally.  You as an EU citizen already have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU, so you don't have a problem.

For your husband; what passport does he hold?

Cynic
Expat Team

I don't want to do anything illegally,that's for sure! I am not that kind of person...I would love to know how to move to UK with my Syrian husband,who was a refugee before,had RC and now he has Eu Residence card in the country where we live.
I have not seen any options how we can move TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME to UK?only way I see,is with EEA family permit?

So please help me! :)

Does he hold a valid Syrian passport?

It's doable, but you probably won't like it very much - sorry. :)

You can't travel together; you would have to travel first, find somewhere to live and get a job (with enough salary to support you both); once you have lived in the UK for 3 months, he can then apply for his EEA; this link will take you to the UK Gov website that explains the process.

An EAA family permit is only valid for 6 months, then either he has to gain permanent residence, or leave; there is no guarantee that will be granted and with Brexit, every chance that the initial aftermath will be chaotic at best.

By the way, UK Border Officers are not xenophobes, his case will be judged on the facts, not any hatred you have perceived for foreigners.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yes,His passport is valid...
We have savings,to go there and start our lives...how does this should help families to "stay together"...3 months is not 3 weeks... :(

And why we can't travel with EEA family permit and stay there,if we have money to support both of us at least 3 months...that would be AFTER we have paid 6 months rent upfront... :(

And what about article 10 residence card? He has it...

freiheil wrote:

And what about article 10 residence card? He has it...

Ah, you should have said that first!  In that case, the rules are different, he can accompany you and then apply for a UK EEA permit on arrival; this link will take you to the UK Gov website that explains the process.  With Brexit looming, I would advise him to apply for permanent residency as soon as he qualifies.

Hope this helps.

Wait a minute now...are you saying that with that article 10 we can move to UK together??... :)

freiheil wrote:

Wait a minute now...are you saying that with that article 10 we can move to UK together??... :)

That's what it appears to say; look at Section 3:

"If you are not travelling with your EEA national family member, you will also need to show ....."

Which seems to intimate that you can.

I'd advise you to contact the UK Home Office to check for your specific situation; their contact details can be found at this link.  Don't forget to mention that your husband has an Article 10 card.

I'd be grateful if you could come back to us and let us know the outcome so we can better advise other people in your situation.

Hope this helps.

Thank you I surely will,as I am/was struggling so much myself,I would be happy to help!

And about the link you last gave me,I acctually called the,wasted 6 minutes,and I got no answer,they told me to contact local embassy,which I have tried,but there is no answer....for 2 years already...

freiheil wrote:

And about the link you last gave me,I acctually called the,wasted 6 minutes,and I got no answer,they told me to contact local embassy,which I have tried,but there is no answer....for 2 years already...

The Embassy website does say the phone line is only open between 09:00 > 13:00; alternatively, you can contact them by e-mail via [email protected].

Hope this helps.

I just found out that our RC has article 12 (2) printed in the down corner...

Not sure what that means.  Assuming it's a Cypriot Government issued card, then it must be something in Cypriot law requiring that annotation.

I am still a british citizen move to Australia in 1967 , what do I have to have to move back to the uk .Arthur

lockie33 wrote:

I am still a british citizen move to Australia in 1967 , what do I have to have to move back to the uk .Arthur

Do you hold a British passport?

no.

Its not true, they can both travel together as an option or otherwise join the spouse later.
Please try to provide correct informations.
thank you.

Derick4real wrote:

Its not true, they can both travel together as an option or otherwise join the spouse later.
Please try to provide correct informations.
thank you.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I'm not sure what you're responding to, but if you read through the whole thread, we eventually got to the point of where the law says that they "may travel together". Or do you have some further information to offer that we hadn't covered by the end?

Cynic
Expat Team

Ohh sorry, i didn't get to see the previous chat, never the less its true, you can either travel together or join them.
Any ways, i have got a question;
A friend of mine just got a EEA Family Permit few days ago to come to Uk with the Spouse, both of them are in Belgium now and planning to travel this weekend and they are asking what they need to do when they arrive uk.

Pls what is the first step when they arrive uk?

Assuming they have gotten through Immigration where they land, there are no further regulatory things they have to do.  The UK is not like many other countries where people have to register with the local authority.

However, if they want to:

Work, they will need a National Insurance number; this UK Gov website link will take you to the how.

Register with a doctor, this link will take you to the NHS England website that explains the system.

Those 2 are the important things, there are some further items, for example, finding somewhere to live, then registering for Council tax, TV licence, electric, water and gas etc.

If they have any further specific questions, get them to register on the Forum and they can ask themselves.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

If going to uk to stay then:
Get a place to stay,
Get bills (proof of address)
Open bank account
Register with GP
If non eu member-get RC
And get a job, and enjoy living :)

Thanks for the reply,
As I know, they are arriving Uk at the weekend and two days later the wife will be traveling outside Uk for family reasons while the husband make his own residence card application to home office!

Can  the non European( husband) able to apply for his residence card alone without the wife?

Can he husband( non Eu) apply for his residence card alone without the wife( European) getting her registration certificate or residence card?

You haven't provided enough information for me to be specific, or to examine the detail to work out the path.  Visas, in general, are individual; so unless there is something in the detail agreed between UK Immigration and the individual that requires both individuals to apply at the same time, then my opinion is that it shouldn't be a problem.

In the ideal world, the individual should ask Immigration before he sets off; I suspect he'll be really fed up if he gets turned back.

Hi

Thats true, no one would be happy to be sent back, especially with the stress and humiliation involved, but i think what he was actually asking is that once they arrived in uk!

1) If he should download the EEA(FM) FORM, fill it and get his biometric at the post, pay the 65£ fess, include supporting documents and send his application to the Home office for his residence card processing ?

2) If they should visit any office first before sending his application to home office?

3) If he would have to wait for his wife to get her EEA registration Certificate or Residence card first before sending his application to home office?

4) If he should send his application to Home office while the wife is not in Uk, as both are arriving Uk together but she is traveling outside Europe for emergency family issue for a month and will join him after the trip.

5) If there is any specific condition regarding the address, (eg) if number of occupants or the size of the apartment makes any difference for home considering applications?
I could not answer correctly so i decided to put it forward for anyone with up to date informations to help out..

Thanks in Advance.