British first passport application and cenomar

Hi there, any advice would be appreciated,
Im a british citizen and have applied for a british passport for youngest baby. My wife is filipino.
We are living here in the uk and got married here several years ago

The passpoprt office are asking for a cenomar or a certificate of non marriage which you can only get from the filipino governent.

I must be going mad because why on earth do they need that if im british and we have been married long before my son was born? We have birth certificates and marriage certificates and i have provided my passport details.

Thanks for your help

You probably don't if you can prove the child is your blood, but immigration might want proof your marriage is legal.
Just go with the flow and shut them up because the alternative could be a dose of trouble from immigration if they decide you're in a possible sham or illegal marriage.

Max213 wrote:

Hi there, any advice would be appreciated,
Im a british citizen and have applied for a british passport for youngest baby. My wife is filipino.
We are living here in the uk and got married here several years ago

The passpoprt office are asking for a cenomar or a certificate of non marriage which you can only get from the filipino governent.

I must be going mad because why on earth do they need that if im british and we have been married long before my son was born? We have birth certificates and marriage certificates and i have provided my passport details.

Thanks for your help

Can your still get a cenomar in PH now after you were married in the UK several years ago?

That was my point, if we're legally registered as married in BOTH countries many years before son was born surely they're not going to give a certificate of non marriage?

Perhaps a confused passport officer; contact them and tell them the Philippines can't issue a document because you are both married to each other.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

You need to register your son's birth.  Full details are on the UK Gov website; this link will take you straight there.

Once you have done that, you can apply for his passport; the link above tells you how.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

lubananmaria@gmail wrote:

Any help much appreciated..

How can i get this cenomar for my son's british passport? Im filipino and my husband is british citizen ...

If you (a Philipino) need one, it can only be issued by your Government, try speaking to your local Embassy.