New members of the Malaysia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi Everyone,

I just moved to Kuala Lumpur last week and I come from Singapore. I'm living and working in Mont Kiara. Hoping to meet new friends.

Cheers,
Basheer

HI Sato,

Welcome to Malaysia! I just moved here from Singapore. I stay in Mont Kiara. Nice place too.

Nice to meet you. 

Sincerely,
Basheer

Hi all, Mohamed here.
Been in KL for about 3 years now, from South Africa.
Was looking for some info on how to deal with a Landlord and came across this site.
Very informative so decided to join and get some advice from others.

Thanks
Mohamed

HI welcome to malaysia
have you been sorted out your accommodation?

Regards
Patricia

Hi All,
I'm Ahmed, I moved to KL 2 weeks ago. I'm a Supply Chain professional working in KLCC area. lets meet for coffee :)

Hello Guys,

I am Honey, soon moving to KL soon from India. Really, a very useful forum to get the relevant information .

Thanks..

what's wrong with your landlord? haha.

Ali here.

Hi everyone, i am Natasha from Putrajaya.

Great pleasure to meet you all here and looking for any opportunities sharing among all members in any aspects, especially in education, health, environment and volunteering ;)

Hello Guys,

My name is Umer and i am here in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia to look for new opportunities.

If anyone can help me find a job opportunity as my visit visa is expiring on the 10th of July 2018

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi natasha. what is your job.

Thanks. In process - have handed over Landlord to Lawyer.
It seems that Landlords DONT expect to pay back the Security Deposit. New Expats please take note and make sure your Tenancy Agreement is watertight - because it will got to court!

alimurtazarabi wrote:

hi natasha. what is your job.

Hi Ali, am a civil servant and involve so much in travel trade, humanity and environment activities :)

There is a small claims court to deal with unreturned deposits. It usually works filing a complaint or at least telling the landlord you are filing one as they dont want tax problems.  If you google small claims court KL there are a lot of resources.

Unfortunately usually accounting is a local profession, so no need to hire foreigners.

Hello All my name is Lisa. We are currently living in Singapore but my husbands job will be transferred here between Jan-Apr. He will be working at the old Airport in Subang. Looking for suggestions on friendly Expat communities to live in. We have no school age kids so that isn't a consideration. Any info would be appreciated. Looking forward to meeting new friends and explore Malaysia.

May i know where are you from ?

I am from the USA...New York City.

Hi! I am Emily from the Philippines. I will be in KL on 23rd of July for work. I am excited and look forward to being meeting people here in Malaysia. :)

Hi All!

New here. I'm a digital nomad that has bounced around a lot and I find KL to be one of the few places I see my self setting up as a home base. I travel a lot, but it would be nice to have a place to as a home base and KL seems perfect.

I visited 2x this year (2018) for about a month or so, and plan on visiting again in August, for maybe 1-2 months. I'm still on the fence about MM2H until I get some more time doing the "daily life" in KL and plan on doing the tourist Visa thing for a while.

This forum has been helpful in understanding some details regarding that, and a whole boat load of other information. Thanks!

I am from Malaysia and currently starting my internship training at iprice.

I've been to 10 cities around the world and its amazing if i get to share the my experience here.

Hi All,

I'm Hemanth from Bangalore, India. Moving to Penang, Malaysia in August 2018.
Got a Job in Hybrid Cloud Solutions! will be working in Bayan Lepas Industrial Area.

Anybody's help w.r.t accommodation would be great help!
Happy to meet new people be it for Sharing Condo / Casual Meet over a drink and enjoy the places over weekends. :)

Looking to explore Penang :)

Hello everyone  nice be here  :D

Hi All,

How are you guys doing?
I just joined this platform and look forward to make friends with people from all walks of life, different professions/backgrounds, diverse cultures and more importantly life experience. The more friends you make, the happier you are! That is me!
See you!

Sean

Hello Everyone,
Myself Ferdie, coming over to KL in February 2018. Hoping to make some friends over there.

Thanks,
Ferdie

Hi there,

There a number of places around Subang airport to live such as the Maisson, H2O, Pacific Place. Pretty much on budget and preference.

Hi there!
I am new here and looking forward to meet all of you.

Hi I am new to this site. From this part of the world. Need any help will be more than oblige to help.
Cheers

Hi All,
This is Satya from India.I moved to Penang,Malaysia.I'm working here.
Nice to see this Expats community Group ,also interested to meet some new friends in Penang and love to know the places to visit here.

Hi Mika

My name is Preet , I  moved to KL ...last week and want  to make new friends and increase my social circle in KL . I currently live in KL Sentral and would love to know more about you :)  .

Hi, am Elizabeth. Currently in Kenya and work as a nurse. I am glad to join this site. Thinking if working abroad and have always loved Malaysia. How is the health system and what are the must haves. Thank you

At least staff nurse / sister qualified and experience. Local languages. Immigration don't grant eork permits if there is local manpower available.

Thank you for the reply. So would you advice for upgrading in Malaysia because I have a diploma then I get over there?

You couldn't get a job in Malaysia as explained above.

Ok

Hello everyone,  I am Christine from Africa, I would like to work in Malaysia, I am a diploma holder and experienced in Secretarial duties, Customer care/Receptionist. I can also help out at home as a nanny. All I need is a job to enable me secure the future of my two little angels. Anyone out there who is willing and able  to help will be highly appreciated.

Hey! I just joined. I am Rowan from Canada. I am looking for new opportunities in Malaysia. I've been living abroad for about 2 years and I have always found Malaysia a great place. Looking to meet potential employers and friends

hi everyone! this is sudhakar from india. I have been working here for last 2.5 years. I would like to meet new friends and explore new job experience in malaysia..

Hallo All,
I'm Denny, have been living and working in Cyberjaya since 2010. Looking forward to know you :)

Hi everyone, I am Ann, Malaysian, born & bred in Ipoh. Studying in Sichuan University, China currently and am back to Malaysia for my research on MM2H (Malaysia My second home) from Aug till Sept, I would be most grateful if I could meet any members of this forum who lived in Malaysia under MM2H scheme in person. Do text me if you are willing to have a carefree chat with me. Thanks.

Between, i am a sociable person & love to meet new friend from different cultures. Cheers. :)

Closed