Filipina Online Dating - Questions for those experienced

Hi, I'm new to the website. I have a question around meeting Filipina girls on Filipino Cupid. I spent about a week on the website, and had many girls connecting
many of which I believe were not real. However, one particular girl contacted me about 20 years younger than me  (typical dream for a 48 year old man).   She's very pretty but not nearly as pretty as what is normally being posted on there with pictures. Anyhow, she reached out to me and immediately contacted me on Skype. On Skype she immediately wanted to video chat.

We hit it off pretty quick and had a really good conversation. From there we had numerous conversations over the next 4 to 5 days each around an hour to an hour and a half chatting on video.   She seems incredibly sweet, and could be a very possibly a good match.   She has not asked for anything from me.

She is currently working in Japan on a one year job and will be returning in March.   I will also be in the area in March for about 2 to 3 weeks. She says she wants to meet me and I believe we plan on spending almost the entire month together if not every bit of that time.   She also says her sister met her husband from the USA on Filipino Cupid and they now live in Wisconsin. She tells me her sister is the reason that she was on Filipino Cupid because she had had success there.

The one interesting thing that had me concerned a little, was I asked for her to send me a photocopy of her passport cover page so I could get her name correct and number to buy her a ticket to Singapore from the Philippines in March. She delayed answering and when finally pressed, refused to send it saying that she wasn't comfortable since she was just getting to know me, even though she loves me (she has been telling me that she has fallen in love with me and my personality and she frequently says I love you in our chats).  She would have no problems purchasing the ticket from Philippines to Singapore on her own.

So my question is to those with experience, does this sound like a real thing or should I be less hopeful and optimistic there may be a romance budding here?  Any ideas on how to validate if this is real? 

I am about to go through divorce and this potential is giving me hope.  Just want it to be real....

One other thing I forgot to mention, in the middle of our chat over the last week, her Skype account apparently reset and she did not remember her password ... so she had to change accounts. That Skype account that xbe was originally on  was not her original name, it was her alias. I also am using an alias account for obvious privacy reasons. She claims the same. The new Skype account she transferred me to is the name she claims she has been all along, so it seems legit.

Could be that she simply might not have a passport or could be that she is scamming you. Make a surprise visit to her home and find out.

She days she is in Japan.  Unless she is a master at lying, it all seems legit on that end.  She is very endearing and captured my heart fast.  We have 3 months and she is wiilling to spend 3-4 weeks with me continuous when i am over there.  She is teturning to PH in mid March about 1 week before i get there.

I using this site sometimes, no bad experience with it. But I heard there is some scammers and so many gays pretending to be girls. Girls are usually honest here, even if they catch foreigners, It is usually not about money. Just be careful with ladyboys. If you come here, and she is not the real one, you can always find another :)

Well i Video Chat with her daily.  And the quality of those chats has started to diminish.   She's a wonderful person it appears,  however the infamous red flags are starting to show up so I'm gonna slow down and take it very cautious. But I go on the Internet and it sounds like a 100% of the people on these websites online dating are scammers or are trying to use you for something not conducive to long term marriage. Then I hear other stories of how people hit it big and have the met the wife of their dreams and have had a long relationship.

it is confusing to a first timer. Just don't wanna mess up a good opportunity. So any insights from anyone else would help also

If you BELIEVE in TRUE LOVE, RESPECT girls then LOVE fully

Check for an Adam's apple when you make the surprise visit if you don't catch her and her Filipino boyfriend scamming numerous foreigners. On the other hand she might be a good girl.

With regard to Filipino Cupid, I have two observations: 

1.   100% of the girls are scammers and can never be trusted to tell the truth. 

2.   The filters set up on FC do not work.  For exampled, I set the ages of girls to contact me to be from 20 up to 30 years old.  Yet I had continuous contacts from women aged in their 50s and 60s.  Another filter was that I did not want a girl who already had kids.  That didn't work as about 80% of the contacts had children. 

It seems that most of them never bothered to read my profile.  It was a total waste of time and effort.

My advice is you must be officially devorced,before you go into a new relationship,one good thing is she didn't asked for money,but on the other hand red flag once you asked her for her passport,get to know her better,until you meet in person,also do your own background check without having anyone that she knows involved, until you find out the truth,also try to get a cenomar certificate to make sure she's single, bcuz some have hidden boyfriend etc.I had both bad and good experience,just take your time lots of good girl in between bad or scammers,I found my wife tri a web site,and we've been married going to 3 yeas,she's plus 25 years my age but we have a great chemistry.Dont rush,just take a trip there then you should consider various girls before you decide on the special one,it might take time to find out,just used common sense and follow your instincts,good luck,but until you get devoted a real good girl will not consider you

Also,once I had a girl claiming she was single with no kids,later I found out she was still married with 1 kid,do your homework and learn the culture of the Philippines,it's quite different from the western countries,beware of scammers or you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Also Filipino cupid,is full of scammers beware,I know of a guy from Norway,that was scammed for 100k in USD,it can change your life for worst IF you choose the wrong girl,some are not even girls,youve been warned!!!

I know this is old thread but no one gives passport info to someone you have not met.  Maybe you are the scammer is what she could be thinking.

Don't worry about this too much! She feels legit and spend a lot of time with you on chat. Be aware that most of filipino women work in company bar, they drink with men where men pay for the drink to talk to them and more. If you accept this its fine...Go ahead with full force!!! Then investigate when and if she ask you for money, but it seems she can buy ticket herself and doesn't need your money. She wants to meet an american so you can bring her to USA. Nothing wrong with this, she seem to like you a lot. And brother 48 years old isn't OLD!!!

kolian wrote:

And brother 48 years old isn't OLD!!!

I think he said that in the context of having someone 20 years younger.  I don't think 48 is old for 28.  Then again I have something similar so I am biased :).

Big Mad Wolf wrote:
kolian wrote:

I think he said that in the context of having someone 20 years younger.  I don't think 48 is old for 28.  Then again I have something similar so I am biased :).

In general. . . .with big age differences. . . .When the expat reach 70 or older, the younger partner could end up being a caretaker, with plenty of life to live.

Then you will see how strong the bond is. Then Expat starts singing "Ruby don't take your love to town".

kolian wrote:

Don't worry about this too much! She feels legit and spend a lot of time with you on chat. Be aware that most of filipino women work in company bar.

WHAT?!  Thats only true when you go to such bars yourself   :lol:
By I dont go to such bars, I have only had contact with one such, and that was when she was home before she went back to Angeles.
Beside her, them I know are factory workers, nurses, teachers, shop staffs, farm daughters still living at parents¨farm, office workers, OFWs, own small business owners...

kolian wrote:

She wants to meet an american so you can bring her to USA.

Thats not sure.  E g one is married to an American, but when he asked her what she think about moving to USA, she said she prefer they stay in/close to her home village at Leyte...

kolian wrote:

Its rather common WESTERN young women prefer 20 yo elder men too. 
When I were up to 40yo myself almost all of them, who asked me to dance  frequent in Sweden, were (15) 18 - 23yo.

Although some people become old early  :)  Until I got disabled (old sports injury broke up) so I met many new people still, I exchanged most of my friends because they became booooring around 30yo    :lol:   
It was funny, when I were close to 40, when teenagers I were coach too, were short of a person for something they planned to do, they called me! :)  (To tennis, Trivial Pursuit game... I DIDNT coach them in tennis, but in two other sports.)

Enzyte Bob wrote:

Then you will see how strong the bond is. Then Expat starts singing "Ruby don't take your love to town".

That's funny  :lol: .   But for now I'm in the mood singing Ringo Starr's "You're Sixteen".

coach53 wrote:

Thats not sure.  E g one is married to an American, but when he asked her what she think about moving to USA, she said she prefer they stay in/close to her home village at Leyte...

It's true what they say there, "It's more fun in the Philippines." :)

I went though a lot of online meetings before I found the girl I'm married to. I did get scammed for 1,000 pesos and that was a cheap lesson learned. Since I'm a country boy I found that I had more in common with province girls. I found a Leyte girl who had her own computer and she kept it on. I could see her cleaning,  helping her dad dry fish, singing karaoke, tending to her little sari sari store, pretty much her entire day to day activities. Her old desktop computer finally crapped out so I bought a cheap laptop and left it with her on my initial visit. Her sister later found her husband using that laptop.

I had this elderly friend who was very impressed with my wife. He said his son was unlucky in love and wanted to know how I met my wife. I told him I met her on Cherry Blossoms. The son made an account and soon found a girl in Manila he was interested in. I got a call from the dad saying the MILF had abducted his girlfriend and was holding her for ransom, what should he do? I told him the MILF is in the south, it's a scam, drop her quick. Well, the son paid a couple grand ransom and received a message that she was released but was shot by accident and she needed $600 for medical expenses. To make a long story short, she got him for every cent he had, about $25,000, and when the money was gone so was she.

Moon Dog wrote:

Since I'm a country boy I found that I had more in common with province girls. I found a Leyte girl.

One of the best I know is from Leyte too.
(But she is occupied and has become lazy, she say herself,  after I gave her some hints how to improve her businesses, she needed to work only 2-4 days per month (before covid).

(I grew up i n city myself, but decided as 10 yo  :)  I will become my own boss and live far from neighbours.)

Moon Dog wrote:

The son made an account and soon found a girl in Manila he was interested in. I got a call from the dad saying the MILF had abducted his girlfriend and was holding her for ransom, what should he do? I told him the MILF is in the south, it's a scam, drop her quick. Well, the son paid a couple grand ransom and received a message that she was released but was shot by accident and she needed $600 for medical expenses. To make a long story short, she got him for every cent he had, about $25,000, and when the money was gone so was she.

Some people are stupid. It wouldnt suprise me if he had paid her before that too and wouldnt want to admit he had been scamed even before that ransom.

I like to look at some type of reality TV mainly because of psycjological parts.  In one such a rather low salary American had spend 40 000 usd sending a woman (not Filipina) money regularly so much so he struggled had problem to pay his bills himself,  inspite of I saw DIRECT she is a scammer just by looking at her photo (personality) and she had NOT went to THREE meetings with him, he expected her to become his wife anyway!!! After he had wasted additional over 5000 usd, she TOLD him she break with him. Then he finaly understood - I thought, but then I saw a trailer he is saving to travel and meet her!!!  :dumbom:

Unless I've missed something here there is no evidence that this girl is in Japan. The OP states that he has had numerous video chats on Skype. Was there any clear evidence from the chats that she is indeed there?
The Japan angle could be a way to differentiate herself from other scammers IF she is one. Many Filipinas don't have passports so it might be that's why she cannot furnish you with a copy. That said many Filipina's do travel to Japan to work as hostesses in the Karaoke bars there.
If she is genuine she could provide you with a pic of the passport stamp showing entry time.
Moreover if she is legit you may struggle to get her through passport control at Ninoy Aquino for the Singapore flight.
As Fil Am Mom would say this is definitely a case for Harry Bosch  :D

Better off renting.

The best dating advice whether online or not is never give anyone money.  The worst thing you can do is to be in a relationship based on money, unless you like that kind of thing.  There are countless stories of people giving money and when the money runs out the relationship is over.  Don't end up being the person to loose everything and be heartbroken.  Don't come to the Philippines and get married if your cant stay permanently or if you expect to bring your spouse back to your home country.  Long distance relationships rarely last and there's no guarantee that a Filipino will be able to get a visa and leave the Philippines.

"Some people are stupid. It wouldnt suprise me if he had paid her before that too and wouldnt want to admit he had been scamed even before that ransom."

It's really not stupidity, it's ego and not thinking they could be treated in that manner, they would know; they want to believe that the world is the way they see it instead of the way it is.

johncroy wrote:

The best dating advice whether online or not is never give anyone money.

Yes BEFORE marriage or even met!

johncroy wrote:

The worst thing you can do is to be in a relationship based on money, unless you like that kind of thing.  There are countless stories of people giving money and when the money runs out the relationship is over.

There are kind of OPPOSITE such too, old foreigners spend much money to FOOL young Filipinas toi marry them.  The worst case I know of was a between 70-80yo foreigner, who spend the LITLE money he had to fool a very young Filipina and her parents to approve a - cheapest possible - marriage. Then the foreigner had no money left by he had spend all moneyh to fool them...

Although foreigners - but Filipino men too for the clever women -  better expect money is SOME involved when women chose who to marry, because GOOD women too want to not need to worry to afford the basics for her family, herself and (future) kids.

Michael P. Carter wrote:

It's really not stupidity, it's ego and not thinking they could be treated in that manner, they would know; they want to believe that the world is the way they see it instead of the way it is.

Perhaps. But I think stupidity :)   when they get drained even before met.

Thinking they have to pay a lot to get a nice wife as well as not wanting to admit even for themselves they have been scammed,  I believe often depend of low self asteam.
I am not low at self asteam   :lol:   so I haven't even invited anyone to a restaurant to pay whole myself, but I have paid some sodas/tea   :)    and I had queue of interested women anyway (before my knee broke so I meet few)  inspite of I just look average and when some of them asked what I worked with I told it as an employee would have said but it was my business.  I suppouse BECAUSE I have good self asteam and charisma, but still opposite to loud and I ASK things about them.  Most women like men with self a<steam.  So better go for using self asteam instead of money   :)    But if course Iexpect if marrying a Filipina, then supportring her family some IF they need.  (Although a sister of an ex married a Filipino, who did spend a half million pesos at the wedding, which I would have used as argument to not need to support her parent any much myself   :)   because the REAL Filipino culture is the one with money pay for all, the culture is NOT the foreigner pay when someone else have more, although they can BELIEVE the foreigner have more just because of being foreigner - specialy if the foreigner have been big spender   :)   to impress at the woman he want...

Join Date in Asia.

Abe.

Join Date in Asia.

Abe.

ibusan1046 wrote:

Join Date in Asia.

I checked DateinAsia out of curiousity to answer someone's post a short while ago. (He claimed all all women at datingsites are golddiggers.)

My conclusion were there are both good women and obvious gold diggers there.
And many not conclusive   :)   needing more research than I could do by I didnt contact any.

briggss3 wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the website. I have a question around meeting Filipina girls on Filipino Cupid. I spent about a week on the website, and had many girls connecting
many of which I believe were not real.

If the dreamers looking on Filipina Cupid or similar ilk, would be more selective originally, they could weed out 95% of the scams.

Look for educated women above the age of 35 that have similar backgrounds as yours. OOPS, you may not meet their high standards.

Hi, just my 2 cents here...

Did She's ask you to pay for her flight to Singapore, or did you offer ?  there's a difference.

If she asked you to pay for her flight, but then has the audacity to not provide you a copy of her Passport, that is a big red flag.

If you have done many videocalls over Skype, you should be able to tell the difference if she's a genuine female or ladyboy. if you cannot,...well, you need to learn a few things about the girls/gay/ladyboy culture, and you'll easily get a front seat class whenever you arrive here, because there are many of all 3 groups (thankfully, many of the former).

if things dont work out between you two, i assure you there are plenty of wonderful woman here you can meet. perhaps too many.

in my opinion?  i don't like this scenario at all. it's a Pass for me.  You should look for someone else because it just sounds to shadey.

Enzyte Bob wrote:
briggss3 wrote:

many of which I believe were not real.

If the dreamers looking on Filipina Cupid or similar ilk, would be more selective originally, they could weed out 95% of the scams.

Look for educated women above the age of 35 that have similar backgrounds as yours.  OOPS, you may not meet their high standards.

I left out the most important thing: Both of you speaking the same language.

Hahaha Well crafted...

Date In Asia is by far the biggest and most popular. I have had many negative experiences, but also some very good experiences. Just need to find out as much info as possible, and be alert to those that just want money. You are asking for trouble if you try to flaunt or brag about your wealth.. Not to generalize, but I have found that ladies from the provinces seem to be more honest, hard working, willing to adapt, less chance of scamming.......................than the ladies from the cities. IMHO.

Gregorio2020 wrote:

Not to generalize, but I have found that ladies from the provinces seem to be more honest, hard working, willing to adapt, less chance of scamming.......................than the ladies from the cities. IMHO.

I think so too. Almost all of them I have found very good are farmers daughters (of which some have studied and moved to cities to work.)

There were - are still? - at datingsites even ORGANICED scamming gangs from Manila, Cebu city and a town at Negros, which I have forgot the name of.  Some of them in these gangs acting as women were shemales - and some of them even being men looking as men  :) using photos of women. (Before webcams became common.)  I knew one of the men, who had worked in the Manila gang. Others told me about the gangs in Cebu and at Negros.
Of some odd reason its common people have a tendency to tell me secrets  :)  rather often even embarrassing ones about themselves!   Perhaps depending of if I tell something furher, I dont tell so they can be identified.

Right on Greg-I live in a provincial area. Women here are much different than those down in the Manila area. Mostly scammers down there. Women, where I am, are more conservative. You won't see them in the mall targeting you and coming up to you and engaging in a conversation. I did see one staring at me from the top of an escalator when I first got here 10 years ago. She was probably from Manila. Good chance!

Have a videochat right away to not get catfished.  If they don't want, then imagine it's a burly Nigerian chatting with you posing as that pretty farm Filipina girl.

i agree with the video call thing.  try to ask for that after a few chats once you are both chatting to each other. better to do have the assurance of peace of mind before you get too invested with  the girl you're talking to!

kristopherryanwatson wrote:

i agree with the video call thing.  try to ask for that after a few chats once you are both chatting to each other. better to do have the assurance of peace of mind before you get too invested with  the girl you're talking to!

And do as idiots and direct ask nude video chat with good wife materials!   :dumbom:     I know rather many Filipinas, who are annoyed by such is common, while they themselves look for serious relations. 
But such behaviour make us others much better in comparing without need to do anything  :)

Most of these women have seen hundreds of 'dic pics', and know how to manipulate you. Don't be an idiot. I really get tired of emotionally immature men. They are 'Desperados', and make it difficult for the adults.

If you are serious, fly to the Philippines and set the groundwork. I have been there twice, and am scratching the surface of how thing work.