VISITING CUENCA FIRST TIME

Good day...  getting close to retirement now and I hear Cuenca is a pretty good option. I m considering between the Dominican republic and Ecuador. Thought about Manila and Bangkok but they are simply too far, so down to two places... Sosua DR or Cuenca Ecuador...I ll be visiting in February for a week to get a feel of the place. I d love to meet some expats who could give me some insight .I m 58 and originally from the UK, now living in New York... if anyone can let me know how life for an expat is to begin with that would be helpful.  I intend getting immersed in the whole Latin ambience, but would love to know there are some places where I can go to get back to some English- speaking fun again from time to time..

Hello,

My husband and I are visiting Cuenca for the first time. We arrive Dec 26 around noon. Does anyone have an inexpensive hotel that they recommend. We have been to Ecuador before and fell in love with it and plan to make it one of our home bases..

Thank you, Beverly and Jim Jutry

I love this one because I have stayed there:

Hotel MONTECARLO  
Dirección: Ave Remigio Crespo Toral, Cuenca
hotelmontecarlocuenca.com
Teléfono: 593 07 281-8214
This hotel charges $25.00 the night including breakfast, it is a new hotel, very nice

These are other options you can look with prices:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ar/SmartDea … Deals.html

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Will book it now. Would like to meet ex pats as well as locals. Thank you for your recommendation!

Bev and Jim

Lots and lots of Expats in Cuenca, I am sure you will find the community here that you are looking for! We don't live in Cuenca, but are visiting now and we are really loving it a l lot!