Census Bureau Findings For Cuenca, Quito and Expat Numbers

Ecuador's census bureau has put out new findings, viewable at www.cuencahighlife.com....

1.  Cuenca's population grew by 85,000 since 2010.  Cuenca is the fastest growing of Ecuador's major cities.

2.  17,000 foreigners live in Cuenca .. fewer than half of whom, 6,000, are from the U.S. or Canada.

3.  Reasons for population increases in Cuenca include many Ecuadorians returning home from other countries.

4.  Quito is predicted to surpass Guayaquil by 2020 and become Ecuador's most populous city.  Cuenca is the third most-populous city in Ecuador.

@cccmedia

Somewhere on this forum I mentioned I had received some strange calls asking to confirm my name and cédula. The first time I picked up and I asked "why are you asking for my cédula number? and they promptly hung up. After that, I was blocking numbers.

Today there is an article about people being reluctant to give their cédula online for the census. I probably should look into what the fine or jail time is for non-compliance. Not paranoid, just indifferent to answering questions and giving my whereabouts when i'm domiciled in Cota.

https://www.primicias.ec/noticias/socie … o-ecuador/