Interesting what Environment Ministry is doing

Based on this article in  Dominican Today: https://dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2 … ch-access/

Santo Domingo.- The Environment Ministry on Wed. ordered the removal of all infrastructure that hinder the free access and continuity of the 60-meter swath of public domain from the high tide mark, or the mandatory conservation of the 30-meter strip on of river banks and lakeshores, ponds and reservoirs.

“We must take all adequate measures to conserve our coasts and our people even more in seasons like these,” said Environment minister Francisco Dominguez in a statement.

The document dated Sept. 6 also instructs all departmental directors to enforce Article 15 of the Constitution that says: “The upper river basins and areas of endemic, native and migratory biodiversity, are subject to special protection by the public authorities to ensure their management and preservation as fundamental assets of the Nation.”

Moreover, the Constitution states: national rivers, lakes, lagoons, beaches and coasts belong to the public domain and are freely accessible, always observing respect for the right of private property.

:/   Does this apply to everyone or just some????  Will see if Lifestyles gets their project ripped apart in Cabarete!!!

All very well, but you might be forgetting the saying; ''hecha la ley, hecha la trampa''.   This obtains in the dr.

not to men-tion most of punta cana

Would that explain why they came along last week and destroyed all the beach bars and restaurants, that Irma hadn't already completely destroyed, between the road and the beach on 27 du Febrero here in Las Terrenas?

I recently made the bold an controversial prediction that there would be more shacks and beach bars within 6 months.  A local friend wrote to me and said....'menos'.    It's common for the gov. to  make such grandstanding positions, and then just forget them later.   Or local authorities get bribed to ignore the regs.   This is one of the reasons the dr and most of latin america are third world countries.

Thisnis exactly what happened in las terrenas.

More governmental hot air. I am sure that in 6 months this too will be forgotten or sooner if enough graft is paid.  I am sure that the  lifestyles resort being built in Cabarete on top of the water mark will continue to be built.

Bob K

They ripped out dozens of businesses in las Terrenas Bob. This will be interesting to see if anything happens.

Also made clear beaches are public property. There has been lots of discussion on that as well with Lifestyles trying to  close beach access in Cofresi