My husband got a job in Dodregt, is there a way for me to go with?

Hi all, I have a question, I am a South African citizen and my husband got a job in Dodrecht. I would love to come with him but I do not now what my options would be. I am a graphic designer but would like to get into tourism. But any job or option would do if I can arrange a work permit, or do anybody know if I can go with him on a visitors visa and then look for a job to stay? Any advice would be welcome. Thanks! :)

Hi Spikkels and welcome to the Forum. :)

On the face of it and assuming your husband is working legally in Holland, it shouldn't be a problem for you to join him there.  There is an administrative process to go through; this link will take you to the Dutch government website that deals with this.

As to whether you'll get a job will depend on whether your skills are recognised, transferable and desirable.  One thing I would advise you to do is to learn Dutch, it will make the process a lot easier for you.

At the top of this page is our Handy Tools link, if you select that, you'll be able to access our Expat Guides that contain information potentially useful to you in planning your journey.

Once you've read the guides and consulted the IND link (above), if you have any further questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi, thank you so much for taking time to answer my quetion, I have looked up on the spouse visa and it looks like that option will work for us so thank you for that. :) you guys are a great help and I love the Expat website.

Thanks again.