MVV (provisional residence permit)

Does the couple need to meet first in real before they can apply for MVV?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

MVV is an individual entry visa and work permit; your personal status is irrelevant to your application; your application will stand or fall on its own merit.

If your application is linked to a relationship, then part of the process is to prove you are in a "long-term and exclusive relationship"; if you've never met, I suspect this will be impossible to prove.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you, it's very informative and helpful. Me and my partner is seeking for options that could be very efficient for young couple like us. What would be the best option in your opinion?

Hi again.

To be honest, a relationship where neither party has met the other will never be recognised as "long-term and exclusive" by any regulator; at best you are pen-friends.

So you need to work to provide the evidence you will need to prove you are in a long-term and exclusive relationship; things like living together, sharing life together, letters and/or e-mail correspondence between you and your partner, photographs of you and your partner together, photographs of you both with either extended family, a housing rental agreement with both your names on; all these things will go to prove your long-term and exclusive relationship.

Alternatively, just apply to move to Holland in your own right; apply for your MVV as an individual.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team