Cordoba, Mexico

Hi Everyone,

I was checking out Cordoba, online of course for now. It is not far from Coatepec. Does anyone here live in Cordoba or used to live? Could you tell me about life there, climate, prices etc.
Thank you,
Inna

Cordoba is just somewhere  you pass through on your way to someplace else,if your looking for a rural life by the ocean with less humidity than the east coast I suggest you concentrate on the west coast,chiapas or Oaxaca.You mentioned in a previous post you liked the ocean,but now it seems your venturing inland in Veracruz.

I do love ocean but I want a quiet rural life. How do I combine both? I am all over the place. I guess I should visit all the places I have in mind and get the feel of them. But for now I am trying to collect as much information here as possible and may be narrow down my list to a few.

You can live by the coast and grow crops in Baja California.

I know this is an old thread but wanted to respond since we just moved to Cordoba, Veracruz from western Colorado. Although it did not check all the boxes, we fell in love with a house in Cordoba during our visit last June, so it's our new home. i wanted to be near the coast but it was too hot for my husband at the lower elevations. We are at about 2800-3000 feet elevation and the weather is perfect. My husband has promised we can go to the coast monthly if I want. I actually preferred the nearby town of Fortin de las Flores but the house in Cordoba was our favorite. We lived in a very rural area in Colorado and didn't want to live in a big city or a large expat community. Cordoba is a middle class working town of about 120,000 with no tourist attractions or other cultural draws. What it does have is a quiet easy going place that is easy to explore from. We are about 1-1.5 hours from the port of Veracruz and a major airport. We just spent New Year's in Puebla, only 2.5 hours away and next we'll head to Oaxaca, 5-6 hours away. Xalapa is also  a short drive and the Pacific coast is only a day away. There is so much to see around us. So to anyone wanting to settle in the real Mexico, not a tourist attraction or a big city, then consider Cordoba/Fortin de las Flores/Orizaba.

@geonerd Hi, I am also from western Colorado, and looking to buy a house in Mexico.  We've been traveling Mexico for 20 years just to get a feel for various climates/geography.  This winter we'll be in Veracruz.  We LOVE hiking and sports.  Have you found Cordoba a good area for that? Thanks, Nina

@Nina Parentice

Hi Nina, feel free to reach out to me at *** and we love Cordoba. Up out of the heat, only 1.5 hours to the beach, and almost zero Americans. We can see Orizaba Peak from our house so we see the snow year round.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : Personal contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Seems like I can't post my Gmail address. But you can reach me at tsurveyor.

@geonerd

Hello, we recommend members to share contact details in private by clicking on the photo/username of the member > send a message.

We are a public forum.

Thank you

Bhavna