Moving to Oman from India

Hi.. I need a help from somebody who can help me to know what would be mine saving if i am planning to shift in Oman. Family of 4 members my both the kids are studying. Elder son is in 5th class and daughter is in Junior Kg  (ICSE Board). I am in verge to accept the offer as a manager in commercial dept. Company has offered 1100 R.O in hand.  Providing company accommodation, Leased car with fuel and water and electricity expense.

I would like to know about following things if anyone can give best advise which could help me to take the decision.

1.Indian schools in Oman and their quality of education and monthly expenses for both the kids including bus service?

2. Monthly family expenses for groceries, outing with moderate shopping, watching movie once in a month?

3. Cost of getting driving license in Oman?

4. Cost of monthly internet service and mobile tariffs?

5. Hows is vegetarian food availability and the price compared to non veg food?

6. Hows social life and social security in Oman for Indians?

7. Hows safe is this country to live and work?

8. Any Restriction for Expats?

9. Is 1100 R.O at Manger Level decent offer?

Thanks in advance.

It is very fair and suitable salary and package. The biggest amount here goes for renting apartment, if your company providing one to you need not to worry about the other cost

Thank you

How much i can save max?

Here in Oman , you can make social life with indians community, as it is the largest here. So no worries of getting the food you looking for School fees in Indian school not too expensive. License could be of challenge , as you have to go for driving test and maybe you should take driving sessions which may cost you some money. No worries , you need to incur cost for settling in Oman. about groceries max OR 250 -300 and again it depends on your life style.

I do believe if you manage you expenses well. You can save roughly 300 upto 400 per month

Thank you.

But its a less than my expectations. My friend told me that i can save 800 R.O if company provide accomodation, Waters and electricity, medical, car and fuel expenses. If i am gonna save only 400 then no sense in accepting the offer with 1100 R.O

You know your expenses better and how much you can save. Food will cost you 250 - 300 and will they provide furnished apartment. You need to have liscene b4 you drive the rented car and that is not striaght forward for indians here. For sometime you need to arrange for transportation. Check the tution fees for indian school n cacluclate all expenses accordingly

Hello , my self Unus requesting sumitran sir to reply about my issue ?

Recently I got employment visa (visa copy via mail) sponsored by PDO L.L.C and I paid some amount to agent for getting me a job visa there,meanwhile where I don't able to find weather the received visa is a genuine one or not (though it looks similar to Oman visa) but still i want to clarify & confirm myself ...but there is no available online link where I can verify its genuinety ..secondly ,I still didn't received my tickets and the agent is saying there is some issue going on (may be omanisation)and company (pDo) filed counter in court about it (said by agent) since one month he is delaying by saying the same thing ,but now if I want myself make my ticket and arrive to Oman and is it possible to join company directly by showing them my contract agreement and visa copy and  I also heard that my company must deposit visa receipt at arrival counter  or else I won't be allowed though I have visa copy with me...plz get me out of all this confusion

Think twice , you are getting 1100 Ro  accommodation , electricity , car and fuel   nowadays it is very hard to find a job here in Oman.

Sir thanks a lot for replying but I did not get you what is message. Is it not to take? 1100 is in hand salary in this I have to manage my two kids study and monthly family expense rest company is taking care of. Pls suggest.

Dear,

Understanding you, your family expenses including Food will not go beyond 100 a month. 250-300 makes no sense.
As your friend rightly said, 800 you can save every month starting 3-4 months after your visit.
Driving License not more than 600 Rials in Muscat.

Al-Kindi wrote:

Think twice , you are getting 1100 Ro  accommodation , electricity , car and fuel   nowadays it is very hard to find a job here in Oman.

Do you mean it's a best offer. Here in India my package is 17lac before tax.

Hi Sir
I got a job in Muscat Oman with 800 OMR including everything.
I have to pay cost of living, travel etc. Please guide me wether this salery is good or should i refuse the offer.

akb098 wrote:

Hi Sir
I got a job in Muscat Oman with 800 OMR including everything.
I have to pay cost of living, travel etc. Please guide me wether this salery is good or should i refuse the offer.

Hi akb098,

For a bachelor, the quoted salary should suffice, if the money is spent prudently.

Whether the salary is good, bad, or ugly, would depend on the usage pattern of the salary earner.

Pls check the economics condition of the company because a many companies calling employee from India and then company unable to pay salary and other expenses one of my friends went back after leaving his 3-month salary.hence kindly verify the company from Indian embassy Oman before moving from India.moreover don't leave your India job come on visit visa and check everything before sign the contract.