Anyone experienced in buying and shipping furniture from Dubai?

Hi,

We will relocate to Muscat soon and we will have to furnish our rental house there. I've been told it's possible to go to Ikea in Dubai and have them ship the goods to Muscat. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with furniture shops other than Ikea in Dubai.

Btw, I'm only looking for tips in Dubai, I know about 'Home centre' and 'Home r us' in Muscat but we would like to look into as many options possible.

Cheers!

Hans

Hi,
Good morning

Are you buying it from IKEA?? if then they have transport and installation facility pls check with them.

Jijeswh

Jijesh wrote:

Hi,
Good morning

Are you buying it from IKEA?? if then they have transport and installation facility pls check with them.

Jijeswh

Hi Jijeswh,

I know about the Ikea option but was wondering if there are any other furniture shops in Dubai which deliver to Muscat.

We will probably pay a visit to Ikea anyway, but if we could choose from other shops in Dubai, we might as well have a look.

Hans

Well its simple. Buy furniture from anywhere in uae and simple hire local driver to deliver it anywhere in Oman

liverpoollfc wrote:

Well its simple. Buy furniture from anywhere in uae and simple hire local driver to deliver it anywhere in Oman

+1  :top:

Only you have to pay some fees customs in the border!

Ammar

yeaahh...there is lot of good services available... :cheers:

There are some decent furniture stores apart from the brands you've mentioned. Check out Fahmy Furniture, Teejan, Platinum Furniture and a row of shops on the Al Khuwair Service Road leading up to Zakher Mall which has the cheap and cheerful PAN furniture. We bought a lot of stuff from Fahmy.