Thinking of moving to Oman

I've been chatting to a company in Muscat and I have a conference call set up tomorrow to discuss the role and the actual package.

If this leads to a job offer I will be travelling to Oman completely alone.  I don't know anyone there.  I am confident I will enjoy the job, it's in an area I really love.

I'm concerned about getting to know people or finding out where I can meet other English speaking ex-pats.

I'm an outgoing person so a life of isolation will not suit me at all.  I'm very happy to make the effort, I'm just wondering how much effort is involved!

Oh and if anyone has any other random nuggets of useful information - I'd be very grateful!

Thanks in advance :D

Advance wishes for your interview..... there are tonnes of information available on this forum. Regarding catching up with people, it would be best if you attend one of our EB Gatherings... We have regular catchups which will be posted on the forum.

If you ever decide to catch up with people, do meet up in shopping malls and other public places.

Stay safe and have fun :)

I've been in Oman for almost 4 months now. From what I have experienced that people are really friendly here, so if you put even a slight effort you may get some good group in your office itself. Other than that, I guess if you pursue any hobby in Oman you may have another good group of friends there...

Other time killing thing is, if you are going to be in Muscat, get a membership of PDO club and just kill your time there.

Hi everybody!
Anybody from Nizwa? If anybody can share some informations about this city, it would be nice!

Oman is very good place to live, the people are very friendly and the country are very safe.

I'm sure you will enjoy you time her.

Wish you all the best in your interview and see you soon in Oman;)

Thank you very much for those encouragments! I hope I'll enjoy it!

Go ahead :cool:

Hello annecole and welcome to Expat.com

kindly note that this thread is inactive since 2013!

I invite you to create a NEW TOPIC and to present yourself to the members.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team