Shifting or Moving from Dubai to Muscat

Hi
I have lived in Dubai for 23 years and planning to move to Muscat with new job.
Q1. Can we shift furniture and other household items from Dubai to Muscat. Any agency?
Q2. Can we bring used car from Dubai to Muscat, advise on the procedures.
Q3. Advise procedure for getting Oman driver's license, I have UAE license.
Please advise
Regards
Peer

Hi Peermohamed,

Welcome on board  :)

Just to give you some brief indications :

Q1 : Maybe you should contact some moving companies : Moving companies in Muscat. You may as well request a free quote from our partner here > Moving to Muscat

Q2 : This post/thread might be helpful to you > https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 13#3467668

Q3 : Read the threads under the Cars Muscat, Transportation in Muscat category of the forum, some threads are related to your questions and might be helpful.

All the best,
Bhavna

Q1: Check with Shipping Companies in Dubai for easier communication.

Q2: Yes you can bring your used car over to Oman. I'm not sure about the importing procedures, but if you browse through the forum I'm sure you can get some info in this regard.

Q3: If you already have a UAE License, then you can easily exchange at any ROP Station once you have your residence permit and ID Card in Oman.

Thank you Bhavana, very useful.

Thank you VidoDido. Helpful.

Hi
A friend recently moved in from Dubai and based on his experience following is my advice.
He had engageged a UAE based mover who initially gave him a quote and then once he was in Oman he revised the quote upwards..and as the goods were already with him my friend did not have a choice. So i suggest speak to UAE and OMAN based movers and ideally take an Oman based mover who i feel will be cheaper.
Also please take a customs code number from OMAN customs. It takes 10 mins cost OMR 10 bit u have to go personally to SEEB customs office. And this will be done after you get an Oman resident card

UAE license is only transferred to Omani one if the UAE one is manual...if automatic then have to give slope test and road test again. For women its fine as Omani is also based on automatic car.

Yes you would have to get an export permit and then ship the car. You may need to keep the UAE license valid for the same, get a Oman resident card. My suggestion is that sell the car and get a new one here...less headache

Regards

Q3. Note that only Manual UAE driving license can be converted to Oman License. If you hold an Automatic driving license, you have to give test.

hi u start collage sultan qaboos univarsty
muscat international school
phalpain school in muscat
amircan school
more many school in oman
indian pakistan srilankan school
and  no probleam here move from dubai to muscat but  b4 u have  to vist in oman after dicide u can stay  here  suit able or not this is realy way
thank s

Hello :) Well, I'm an expat living here in Dubai and maybe my experience from relocating from the USA to UAE can serve you well for answering your first two questions.

IMHO your best bet is to talk with a good and reputable relocation company. That's the best way to clear all of your doubts, and providing they are good, they will be more than glad to explain you everything about the process of relocating from Dubai to Muscat.

When I moved here to Dubai I used this website [link moderated] to get free quotes from companies which covered such route, and the company I ended up choosing helped me from beginning to end and in every single step.

Another tip I can give you for hiring the best relocation company is to search for reviews in the internet, because Google is there for a reason ;) make sure they are actually legit, because there are so many fly-by-night companies out there...

Finally, make sure they offer a full-coverage insurance, because if something happens with your goods then you will be protected.

That's all. If you have any question or doubt, feel free to message me any time :)

Not sure why my link was moderated, but this is the site I used: wisemoveonline.com

Hi moby1990,

External links are not allowed in this site.

Kindly read the site's Code of Conduct for further information about this site's T&C of usage.