International school

Hi there,
Welcome to KL! (Well, almost...!)
International schools here are very used to accepting 'rolling admissions' - i.e. students throughout the school year - so it should be no problem enrolling him in March/April.

You've got Havil International & Global Indian International School both right in Brickfields, and both within your budget.

I would also consider Taylor's International School, which is just a little bit further way, but a very good school indeed for the price. I'd definitely suggest taking a look.

Cheers

Hi KiwinLK, it per child. My work location is KLCC (twin towers).
My second kid turns to 5 in September. Can I enrol her in year as my company only pays fee for year 1 and above? Thanks

Hi Aso77,

I'm Ibrahim from Brighton international School at Setiawangsa. Yeah you can enroll her for year 1. Brighton International is just 10 mins drive from KLCC. Our program we offer is the Cambridge International Curriculum.

I will be happy to answer any queries you have.

Looking Forward

Ibrahim
Marketing Assistant BIS

Hi,

How about Sri KL international school? the school had been change to international school since year 2016. My friend said it is a smart school. I have already visited the school and found that there are all local teachers. can anyone share some comments about Sri KL international school? Is it a good school? Thanks.

Hi,

Do you mean Sri KDU international? If so, they have a good local reputation. Their academic results at IGCSE are impressive at that price point, and they have a strong Mandarin programme. Their international Primary section is small at this stage, mainly due to a lack of space, but quite a lot of expat teachers. The Secondary school has a mix of local and expat teachers.

Hi

Greatly appreciate your taking time out and sharing the information. Will trouble you with a few more questions

We are considering Mont Kiara as one of the places for staying. Would there be any good schools in vicinity of Mont Kiara, for which the commute is not taxing for the kid.

Thanks

Hi there,

The Mont Kiara schools (Garden International & MKIS) are two of the most expensive schools in the city unfortunately, so well above your stated budget.

You might find this list helpful - it breaks down more precisely the schools & their costs in the city.
https://www.schoolselectmalaysia.com/post/6pricetiers

You could potentially consider ELC international school, which would be about 30mins drive from MK. It's within your price range and offers decent value for money.

Hope that helps!

Cheers

Hi

Thanks for your inputs, based on limited choices in my earlier budget I have decided to increase the budget to 45-55k RM, would you be kind enough to advise some schools that are worth their name in that range.

My current list is

1. Taylor, ELC, Sri KDU, Havil, St John

Thanks a ton

Best

Hi there,

I will send you a PM with a few ideas.

Cheers

Helen

KiwinKL wrote:

Hi there,
Welcome to KL! (Well, almost...!)
International schools here are very used to accepting 'rolling admissions' - i.e. students throughout the school year - so it should be no problem enrolling him in March/April.

You've got Havil International & Global Indian International School both right in Brickfields, and both within your budget.

I would also consider Taylor's International School, which is just a little bit further way, but a very good school indeed for the price. I'd definitely suggest taking a look.

Cheers

Dear KiwinKL,  I plan to send my son to GEMS in Tropicana Metropark of Subang Jaya after MM2H application is approved.
I choose GEMS because it is a quite new school and there are some serviced residences (Paloma, Pandora, etc)  nearby.  Could you please give advice that whether GEMS is really an international school or just  a 'private local school with international course' ?  Moreover, does tropicana metropark a good place to live in ?   Except the few serviced residences, is it easy to rent landed houses(semi-detached, villa, bungalow, etc) nearby the school ?

Thanks a lot

Hi there,
Good question - no, GEMS is definitely an international school with a good mix of students and teachers there. I can't offer any help with what Tropicana Metropark is like to live in though, sorry!

Thanks for your helpful info.

Hi , Getting to KL in the next quarter and am unable to find answers to the following questions. Relaly appreciate our help.

1. I am coming from India where the Term starts in April and ends in March. My Kid goes to grade 6 in April. What grade will she get admitted to, in April 2020?

2. I am looking for international schools with a 50 K  MYR per annum maximum . IGCSE curiculum. What are my options?

3. My office is in K Sentral . So staying around and a school around will be preferred

alok.kumar06 wrote:

Hi , Getting to KL in the next quarter and am unable to find answers to the following questions. Relaly appreciate our help.

1. I am coming from India where the Term starts in April and ends in March. My Kid goes to grade 6 in April. What grade will she get admitted to, in April 2020?
It depends on her date of birth. At any rate, she will start partway through the academic year (most schools follow the August - June academic year; a few follow the local calendar of Jan-Dec).

2. I am looking for international schools with a 50 K  MYR per annum maximum . IGCSE curiculum. What are my options?
You have a lot of choices. Take a look at this list.

3. My office is in K Sentral . So staying around and a school around will be preferred

This map might be of interest.

Does anyone know about Hibiscus International School? I'm planning to send my kids there.

Will they be able to support kid in social and academic?