Review on Havil and Sri Dasmesh International School

Hi Friends,

We are Indians, currently staying in Dubai moving to KL by June end. My elder son is 3yrs old and we are looking for his schooling.  In areas near Brickfields, South Bangsar or Mout Kiara. Have to look for house too in these areas.

Can someone please share their reviews on Havil and Sri Dasmesh International School about their teaching standards and fee structure. And also about GIIS school. Bit confused as which school and which curriculum to choose.

Thanks in advance.

Havil seems to have classes for 5 yr olds and above. The medium of tuition is English, but they don't seem to have any mother tongue English speakers among the staff.

Global Indian International School is in Brickfields - that does have a kindergarten. There have been criticisms of the school in the past for using untrained teaching staff. I think the comment about English mother tongue speakers may also be valid. They don't make their fee structure public - I have heard some complaints in the past about misunderstandings concerning which amounts are returnable deposits.

Near Brickfields (more in Seputeh) there is Vikas school which does offer Indian languages. It seems to have a very specific curriculum which is a bit unclear. It does have pre- and Kindergarten-level classes - http://vikas.edu.my/fee-structure/

There are two schools in Mont Kiara (I think one is  US curriculum and the other UK) but the area is a concrete jungle and traffic nightmare. They are both top rung schools in terms of fees.  Always check how much you have to pay to register at all schools and if and under what circumstances fees may be returnable. You can check out various schools from this link:

http://schooladvisor.my/

Another thought - all routes are not equal - i.e. travelling south from KL out of Sentral/Brickfields is relatively easy - but travelling north or east towards Sentral/Brickfields is probably going to be a nightmare. Travelling from Mont Kiara towards KL and Sentral/Brickfields is going to slow with lots of  queues. Travelling from Sentral/Brickfields to Mont Kiara is the slightly easier direction.

The purpose of mentioning this is that some routes could leave you tearing your hair out on a daily basis. It's important to think carefully how a commute will be. For example there are no trains that go to Mont Kiara, so personal transport is the only option - hence the comment earlier about the traffic nightmares there for extended periods of time.

There are some reasonable options to consider, sometimes with the benefit of fast rail travel, but routes should be carefully investigated to find reasonable access between home and workplace. Traffic in and around KL is notoriously bad.

Hi Gravitas,

Really appreciate  your feedback will consider all the above points while looking for house and school.

Thanks once again.

Havil seems to have hard issue on holding on to their teachers, year in year out there will be big number of new teachers in and that include principal too. School founder are more concern of money , money and more money. For this year, 8 teachers left. parents wo want to bring your kids to this school, better think twice. dont get con by cheap entry  cost.

Hello,
My name is anoshia. I m moving to Malaysia in January so can u tell me the schools in Kuala lumpur n do u have any idea about sri Desmesh international school. I m waiting for ur reply.
Thanks

Heard more positives for Sri Dasmesh cause it has been around longer. known for wholesome teaching. give them a shout and explore!