Alice Smith vs British International School and where to live?

Hello

We are planning to move to KL this summer, I have 2 children 6 & 8. I was wondering if anybody had any opinion on Alice Smith School vs the British International School KL. Quality of academics, teachers, extra curricular activities and parental involvement?

Alice Smith seems to have a good reputation, but just wondering if they resting on their laurels too much.

BSKL is very new, has all the start up problems been ironed out?

We have friends who live in Duta Nusantara, is this place too far for both schools? Where would the best place be for either school?

Thanks!

Hi,
Alice Smith School is quite famous, what type of house are you looking at? Bungalow, Semi-D or Condo?

If you are looking at Landed property to live, 16 Sierra, D'Alpinia and Taman Equine is a good place, and near it is near to Alice Smith too.

British International is very new where as Alice Smith has been here for so many years. So, can't comment on it. Our child joined Alice Smith last year and we have been very happy ever since. Its a very good school with well thought of systems, wonderful impressive teachers, and a wealth of resources although the primary building might look old (which it is) unlike British International (which would be new). Parental involvement is strong in Alice Smith, though optional. We stay in Bangsar, its just half an hour from Alice Smith and is a great place for expats with shopping malls close by etc. You have to check which places the bus goes to before you decide on your house/condo etc if you want to avoid going to drop off points. The list of places are there on the school website. Alice Smith Secondary wing is a bit far away but I've heard that its a HUGE place with amazing facilities. You may also consider Garden International or ISKL which are comparatively (not new).

Hello finmiri

When we moved to Kuala Lumpur more than 2 years ago, we checked out every international schools.

We actually enrolled our younger one at BSKL. But the school just started business not too long ago. The headmaster and teachers were very helpful. They were operating out of The Club, that somehow, we felt, did not have the real feel of how a school environment should be. But of course things could be different now. Not sure if they have moved to their permanent campus.

We were fortunate that Alice Smith had a vacancy, at that time and managed to make the switch.

Alice Smith is extremely well managed, academically and in all aspects. Our 2 children are now at Alice Smith, they love going to school, which is a #1 sign that we made a right decision.

Alice SMith runs a very tight routed network of bus service. So transport has never been an issue for the kids.

Forgot to mention that Alice Smith's enrolment offiers are excellent and extremely helpful!

Hi.

BKSL have indeed moved and are settled very comfortably in their new premises. Pls google babylicious8 to see postings and comments on researching international schools and researching local international schools o get an idea of the state of international schools in the kl area.

Hi there I have friends who attend both schools and they are both extremely happy with their choices, I suggest you visit them in person to get a feel for them. You know your children best and what would suit their needs best. There might be something at one school that draws you compared to the other.

BTW Duta Nusantara is a fantastic condo complex,we don't live there but attend swimming lessons there, also have friends that live there and in the next complex Dutra Tropika. We live 5mins away in Mont Kiara but it is mainly condos not villas like those 2 complexes. The prices are a lot higher for rent in them too, so if your work is paying it is not an issue.

Good luck

cheers Karen

Alice Smith is well established but we send our child to BSKL. It is a much smaller school and we like it. Our child loves it there. The school has great teachers, the management there are very friendly and helpful. The new premises are fantastic. I would highly recommend BSKL. The other established school, Garden International, felt horribly over-crowded when we went to visit it.