Update from TUSK...

I sent off my application for a passport and expect it back in a month or so.

My buddy that currently lives in Belize is in the States (where we grew up) and we got to hang out for several hours the other night.  I was encouraged with all of what we discussed.

My hopes are to get down there sometime Octoberish!

Peace out!

TUSK

Since I'm going down to Belize in October too, my passport is being processed, although they cashed my check in three days of receiving it.  Have you also applied for a Global + TSA "GOES" badge?  This allows you to skip the TSA checkpoints (no taking off shoes, looking at bottles, etc.) and coming back into the U.S. is a breeze (at least I hope it will be).  Because you have to be fingerprinted and interviewed (that's the other part of the online application plus $100), you have already been screened by Customs and Immigration.  I know about this because it is on the united.com website.  Just go down to the international flight info line and press.  It will take you to the GOES = Global Online Enrollment System. Maybe we'll run into each other. Ferris

Wow. October is when I will be heading down too. Any chance of a meeting for lunch or something? Drinks? Whatever. I am very interested in talking to others who are in love with this land and wanting to make a go of it there.

Safe trips all around.

We head to Caye Caulker on September 30, after selling the house and totally liquidating out of CT (& the northeast winters!!!!)!  We are SUPER EXCITED to begin our retirement in Belize!

We have Global Entry (with TSA - Pre) and Yes, it does streamline the TSA Security process at both ends of a flight, as well as the Immigration & Customs process on re-entry from international travel.  We HIGHLY recommend it if you are planning to do a lot of travel outside the USA.

Good Luck to you all...If you find yourself visiting Caye Caulker, look us up!

Brad & Lorrie

Just got my passport back - it took 12 days from Philadelphia receiving it, and the finished product comes from Charleston, SC!  It is the most gorgeous passport I have ever seen!  Inside you will find the three ways to enroll in the TSA's security programs which will get you through the airport quicker. And this is a government run agency...

Ferris,

Thanks sooooo much for the TSA tip!!!

Tusk

I'll be staying at the Sea Breeze in Corozal. Ferris