Bringing things into Belize

Question, we will be moving to Belize and I was wondering, can I bring my kitchen spices from home.. I know that you are not allowed to bring any no parishable items. but I can't seem to find a good forum for these answers. And also, what about like my microwave, toaster, and things like that.  thanks in advance.

Spices are readily available in inexpensive in Belize. So your call. if spices in  the jars on a spice rack, would probably get through un questioned. Small electrical appliances  are also easily available in Belize. I f they are new and little used and you are willing to pay the duty ( if not  using QRP ) bring them, but if getting on a bit and not emotionally attached to them i would replace when you arrive. Just my view.  I know people who have brought whole boxes of canned foods, Biggestproblem area are goods made from wood they are very protective of the lumber industry and very wary of any outside pests coming in through imported furniture, Includes  small wooden items like picture or Mirror frames.

Thanks for replying, I have a toaster over, rotissie, meat slicer, and microwave, and such,, just don't want to have to buy new when theres nothing wrong with the ones I have... also a bread maker and a electric skillet... I just didn't know how expensive the spices were down there.

If you have to pay duty on all your items it may not really be worth importing them.  Duty will be up to 40% of perceived value given by the customs officer the day they arrive. If you are just  adding them to your goods coming in when you get the QRP status then yes definately bring them, but all those items with possible exceptions of the  domestic size meat slicer are available in Belmopan at least and probably other areas. From the spices perspective Belize grows and exports many spices. I  actually bring back spices for friends  in the US. Unfortunately Belize does not have a great variety of Flours for Bread making, I do not know if that will affect use of a bread maker.

I have just re-found your introductory post to the forum a couple of months ago. You then said you were talking of relocating in about 3 years time. Also that you have a VERY LOW income.
Unless things have  changed for your timeline considerably, I think it is a bit early to be choosing what items you would be bringing. I think during the intervening  3 years you will have time to visit and explore and get a proper feel for Belize and its  costs  to if you can actually afford to make the move or after  a visit you may not feel the same way about Belize at all.
By the way in 3 years those spices you have now will be so much dust, if kept cool and in the dark some spices can last several months but not usually for several years.
It really does cost the amount the QRP suggests of $2000 a month to live in Belize, and that is not assuming any oppulent lifestyle.
My son lives in his own house on our property so no rent outlay, off grid, so water and electricity utilitiy bills, but even on his own his monthly costs are over the $1000  per month mark when taken over  the whole year, taking into account  annual and monthly fees and bills.

hi  On the topic of bringing things to Belize.
I came through to Belize this week I came on southwest so took advantage of 2 free bags, and brought a few things down. Curtains, light strips, computer head phones, kitchen stuff and favourite breakfast cereal. Most things were unboxed because they are less bulky to pack in  large Zip locks,
I went through the declare channel. called to  a young lady who went through my bags very carefully, checking things and decided as it was mostly simply household goods for my own home here, the duty would be just the minimum $20. She did not ask about prices for any of my things.  Maybe she noticed the Obvious dollar store work gloves and dust masks,  I had no objections to paying the imposed duty at the window, and getting my reciept.    After getting home and doing some quick calculations the US$ cost of my simple 'household' goods was over $300 so as i always say being up front and declaring stuff is the easiest and often the cheapest way to go.

At the next desk a woman had been redirected from the nothing to declare channel, and they were going through everything in her bags  ( the old suggestion hide stuff under ladies intimate wear , the men wont touch  bras and pants,  obviously meant nothing to that customs officer as he just brushed off the top layer underwear that covered everything else  on to his table)
He was   then listing the price of 'everything' in her bags, Most of it was  brand new stuff  and included 4 Iphones  that I saw, and most things still in packaging with  price  tags on.
As I left to meet my son outside, I heard the customs guy saying the duty will be 40% of total costs on this list.
Wonder how much  she paid and if it would have been less if she had just declared some stuff and not left all the prices on.