Accommodation and health care in Brussels, from September on

Hello everyone!

Next September we (me and my husband) are moving to Brussels and would like to explore some important things before we start our experience there. I hope members of the expat community may help us with any advice/guidance regarding:

1. which area in Brussels is recommended to live in that offers good access to public transportation (my office will be in the city center, but not necessarily renting there also), not noisy, all services available, reasonable price for rent, good neighborhood, etc?   

2. does anyone have/know any renting options for a long period of time (6 months and more)? we are looking for 1-room apartment, furnished and clean, at a reasonable/acceptable price.

3. we are also inquiring about the medical insurance. What options are there available and what is it recommended in terms of costs and quality of medical care?

Grateful to those who take time to share with us their advice and guidance.

Valentina

Hi Valentina,

Here are my comments on your three questions:
- Brussels is easily accessible by public transport. But like any capital, if you want to live well, you have to get away from it.
- To find a rental, do like everyone else and consult websites like (http://www.immoweb.be/en/) (http://www.logic-immo.be/en/rent/houses … lgium.html)
- your country being part of the european union, you have only to ask for the connection to the Belgian social security.

Many thanks for such a great replay!! Much appreciated!

Hi Valentina,

Welcome (soon) in Brussels ^_^
If you need help during your installation in Brussels, I can help you ( where to shop, good doctor' adress, phone & TV subscription, tips & more...)

Brussels is divided into 19 "communes" (municipality). 
I suggest you these one (+/- south east of Brussels):  Etterbeek, Woluwe Saint-Lambert, Woluwe Saint-Pierre, Ixelles, Auderghem.  Calm & pleasant to live in.

I can be at your service half day or full day.
Don't hesitate to contact me by mp.

Yasmina

Many thanks, Yasmina.

Really lovely from your side!

Cheers,
Valentina