Safety in Brussels

Hi All
I have been offered a role in Brussels and my wife and I are planning to shift to Brussels by October. Some of my colleagues who have visited Brussels in the past suggested to not take this opportunity because of the city not being safe for expats. I needed an impartial view of this and I thought that this community would be perfect for that.
Can someone please help me understand the safety situation in Brussels for Indians, women, or just in general?
Thanks In Advance

Hello Pal,
That's a big lie!
This is Europe and the terrible lack of safety and respect for humans, as in some developing nations, does not apply in Europe.
You would not expect it in Brussels (The capital of Europe!) or any part of Belgium.
I am from an African background and have not noticed any such things when I am around in Brussels.
I will let my Asian bros and sis, chip in LOL
I think u need to start weighing up other pros and cons, especially if you have other better options.

Compared to any decent-sized American city, the crime rate here is a joke. And it's lower than London too. There are a lot of workers who commute in from villages and seem terrified of anyone who doesn't look like them. Perhaps that's the source of rumors that it's unsafe. Specific targeting of expats? Sounds like an urban myth.

Hello. May I ask where you are moving from? Could it be Dubai? I have lived in a great number of countries, including Dubai, and I would be happy to give you a very comprehensive answer. I can tell your right now the Brussels is a very safe place to live, and Belgium on the whole. I am a woman of mixed race and I feel at ease moving around in Belgium. Please let me know if you want more information and good luck with your move!! Melody

Hello. I'm Asian and a female. I find Brussels and Belgium very safe. It's also a very cosmopolitan city. As in every city, there are areas which are more prone to petty crime. Overall, I find it very safe. The few times I've had any interaction with the police, they have been very responsive and reactive.