How to save money in Botswana

Hello everyone,

Did you plan your budget before your move to Botswana? If so, how did you go about it?

How do you save money in your day to day life? Do you find there are any areas where you can't cut costs?

Do you have any tips about saving money in Botswana? For example, getting the best deals on accommodation, grocery shopping and dining out, the best value transportation, etc..

Are there any apps or websites that have helped you to save money?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi Good Morning!!!

First off all where are you staying in Botswana? Like I am staying in Molepolole and at my location no restaurants no cinema and no night life. So i can save my money lack of luxury life here. But if you are staying in Gaborone then you have to take care of some small things and you can save your money
1) Try to avoid night life as is not good and not secure also.
2) only Friday and Saturday go out for dinner or lunch.
3) Dnt make local friends, they always demand for money food etc
4) I always prefer to make food and time pass in house only.
5) Dnt carry cash with you where you need just swipe.

Manish

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

And also

Transport: public transport taxi is safe dnt go for combi
accommodation: You should go for universal accommodation
grocery shopping: Choppies, Spar, Trans, Saflana and Ms Veg are nominal.

moudgilmanish wrote:

Hi Good Morning!!!

First off all where are you staying in Botswana? Like I am staying in Molepolole and at my location no restaurants no cinema and no night life. So i can save my money lack of luxury life here. But if you are staying in Gaborone then you have to take care of some small things and you can save your money
1) Try to avoid night life as is not good and not secure also.
2) only Friday and Saturday go out for dinner or lunch.
3) Dnt make local friends, they always demand for money food etc
4) I always prefer to make food and time pass in house only.
5) Dnt carry cash with you where you need just swipe.

Manish

By locals I would presume you mean black people?
So you intend to live and make a living in their country and yet snob you nose at them.
So pray, tell if all Batswana are so poor that they need handouts from Expats?
You Sir, is a classic example of ignorance that Africa does not need. If you do not intends to make friends with locals, I assume you are there to exploit the system/country, get on you high horse and move back to wherever it is you are coming from