Buying property in Botswana

Hi,

can a foreigner buy property in Botswana?

If so, is it complicated? What is the process of purchasing a property in Botswana?

Any tips for buying property, such as a check-list of items to verify ?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Christine

As far as i know you can not buy property but there are ways around this. You can buy a company that owns property but make sure the companay has the title deeds to the property.

Hi Reef Inmate!

Thanks for your input ;)

Armand

Hi Christine

How are you?

Hello

I desperately want to buy a house in Botswana what do i do.

@Madak06

You have posted on an old inactive thread (2012). Please open a new thread.
Do a Google search too for information.

I would also like some information on buying property, but I actually want to know which areas in Botswana would be most suitable to live in.

I am interested to come in Botswana with tourist visa. I want to do business here.
Can I convert visa to PR visa?

You need to apply for a work permit (and residence if you are going to be living here). They normally give 5 years. You can apply for permanent residency after 10 years. What kind of business do you intend doing here?

Thanks for your reply. I am interested in agriculture releted business.

I have another question.
If I enter Botswana with a tourist visa, can I apply permit within Botswana?

I am in horticulture. We have a need. You can buy land without permits but would have to apply for permits before moving or doing business

Thanks.
Do you mean, if I enter Botswana with a tourist visa, I have to go back my country and apply for a business residence Visa?

Yes you can. You go to department of Immigration in Gaborone. But it is quite a process so most people use agents but they charge a fee to do it on your behalf

Thank you again.
Can I get your WhatsApp number?

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@jason_smit

For security reasons do not post contact details here on the open forum. Use the message system to exchange details.

Morning

what are the requirements to contract with the botswana government as a non-citizen?

what is the process to develop property in botswana and who will has access to the title deed of said property?

hey, is there anyone interested in agricultural commodities like Honey, Ginger, Chilli-pepper?