Bed and Breakfast, will they come?

Hi,
We're thinking of moving to Bulgaria to live the countryside life but only if we can establish a little B&B or lodge. Something small geared towards outside tourism.
However, we're lacking the "European" point of view.
Question for Europeans or anyone with an opinion; do you think that Europeans will be interested in vacationing in Bulgaria when they can just as easily go to Italy or Croatia or Portugal etc.? If so, what would be the trigger, price? Oh, and I don't mean a beach vacation. Just a place in the countryside you can relax in, or take on all kinds of outdoor activities.
To live in it, seems that Bulgaria is a great mix of everything. To vacation in (other than beaches)?
Thank you for any input.

Funny thing is that I was watching a youtube video about a britiish couple who have set up just such a place which is doing quite well. Even getting Bulgarians staying there now. As with most things do it right and advertise it properly and people will come. They have been doing it a few years now and it has taken a while to get known and established but they have made it into so of the better guides now and that has increased their market potential.

They are located near a well known lake and most of their first visitors were twitchers .................. bird watchers thought hey said that has now changed and more varied types of customer are now staying with them.

Bulgaria is becoming quite popular with all sorts of tourism--- when Europeans come here, some hit the beach and the mountains (skiing) but it is also popular to hike in the mountains and outdoor festivals are becoming more popular. Most backpackers I have met go around many places in Bulgaria- not just the tourist resorts. Also, cyclists who are going through Europe to Istanbul have to go through Bulgaria- I have met quite a few of those. At the same time, many places are not overly advertised in English. Because of this I believe it is still completely possible to set up a place and, with proper marketing, to get a pretty good year-round client base.

Thank you both for the input.
It Seems as though the Brits love Bulgaria but the "classical"  Europeans aren't as attracted.....unless they're on their way somewhere :) .
I completely agree and crossing my fingers this is true "Because of this I believe it is still completely possible to set up a place and, with proper marketing, to get a pretty good year-round client base."