Recognition of foreign qualifications in Papua New Guinea

Hello everyone,

Were your professional qualifications recognised in Papua New Guinea? What country did you complete your qualifications in? What profession are you in?

Did you have to go through any formalities to get your qualifications recognised, such as to have them translated?

If your qualifications weren't recognised, were there any additional tests or exams you had to complete before you were able to practice your profession in Papua New Guinea or continue with your studies?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla, I went to Port Moresby already to join POMIS as head of science.  I did not need any other qualifications.  Most degrees and certifications seem to be accepted. The biggest problem is getting the visa.  Although they will accept you quickly, getting it in your passport to enter the country can take weeks even months in some cases.  But it issued eventually and sent to the nearest PNG embassy near your location.

Hope this is some help.

Regards,

Tony

Yes, PNG recognised my qualification.

Yes.  it was recognized by the Department of Education and I am working in PNG since 2004. At present I am attached to Port Moresby Business College as HOD - for Tourism and Hospitality Management. This college comes under the Department of Education.
Thank You
Ian

haha.... are you planning to go over?

What foreign qualification for doctors
I am orthopaedic surgeon in UK