Job on entry visa

Hello every one, Ecuador is visa free for my country...is it possible to see ajob on an entry visa? I mean causel jobs since high professional jobs is being done mostly by locals...jobs,like housekeeping in hotels,waitress etc...

It's legally and theoretically possible to obtain a job in Ecuador while on a tourist permit.

A contract validated by the EC government would be necessary to obtain a work visa and legally start working the job.

However, foreigners are at a severe disadvantage in the job market, especially if they lack Spanish-language fluency.

cccmedia

Thanks so much

The ministry of labor strictly states that work is prohibited for Tourists under any circumstance whether it's a T-3 entry stamp or 12 X visa. The most you can do is apply for a job in which case you'll need to apply for a work visa as well, but under no circumstance are you allowed to work without residency or a work visa.

It's stated in black and white in the Ministry of Labor website below.

http://www.trabajo.gob.ec/autorizacion- … tranjeras/

Am planning to come next month to Ecuador to search causel jobs like waitress,scales or housekeeping is it easy to get such kind of offer being a foreigner,any advice please

Foreigners who lack fluency in speaking Spanish are at a major disadvantage as job-seekers in Ecuador.

Unskilled and low-skill jobs such as waitperson or house cleaner are typically given to locals .. are low paying .. and, in the case of housekeepers, are often part-time and/or temporary .. as employers prefer to avoid the paperwork and obligations of hiring full-time workers.

The sunken economy makes it all the more difficult for non-Ecuadorians to find steady work in Ecuador these days.

cccmedia

Athieno33 wrote:

Am planning to come next month to Ecuador to search causel jobs like waitress,scales or housekeeping is it easy to get such kind of offer being a foreigner,any advice please

I think it's important that you understand the law here.

For most businesses 8 out of 10 employees must be Ecuadorian nationals. The exceptions are:

-Venezuelans under an immigration law
-Mercosur visa holders
-Refugees with permission to work
-Andean community nationals
-Foreigners who hold 9-V visas like professional visas, investors, etc. 

Clearly, you are none of the above.

Now considering that only 2 out of 10 jobs are available for foreigners (not mentioned above). These 2 spots are always given to “professional employees”, or employee who can contribute to Ecuador in an area where the local workforce is deficient in.

These jobs are not in the housekeeping industry or the food and beverage industry  (lower level) because for such jobs they are always given to locals and secondly to Spanish speaking people from Venezuela, Mercosur countries and citizens from the Andean community because the law allows it.

Considering that thousands upon thousands of such people are here and many are unemployed. How are you realistically able to to get such employment if you don't know the language and worse are not even eligible. 

For your sake read what's on the link that I posted previously because it substantiates everything that I have posted in this post.

Excuse my ignorance, what is sunken economy?
Is the country going through a recession ?
Is it safe money wise to move there?

Charlie, if you're not already, you may want to read El Comercio, a Quito newspaper:

https://www.elcomercio.com/

And also the English language Cuenca High Life:

https://cuencahighlife.com/

They may both help to understand more about Ecuador.  Like they say, Antes que te cases, mira lo que haces...

Thanks, I've gotten some answers